Yaesu FTM-10R

xiero

Any other feedback on this mobile setup? I'm considering one of these, and I'm finding it difficult to get info. I've read that it's not easy to program, no PC interface, but that reception is solid, and it is very durable.

Also, the Yaesu site says it is a 2M/70cm dual band rig. Contrary to an earlier post in this thread, I don't believe AM/FM count as one of the bands. Am I incorrect?

I had an FT8800R in my LX450 (loved it but sold it with the vehicle), I need a radio for the FJ40 and would like dual band. Looked at the FT2800, but this one is very appealing.

I'd love to see more/longer term feedback.

Thanks!

Azrocks

Adventurer
Two things to consider with this radio.

1) It draws power when off. Not what you want for a motorcycle application which what this was designed for (i think).
2) You cannot computer program the unit. It's all manual programming. Not good if you have many frequencies you want to program.

GSequoia

Jeeps can Expo too!
Brining up an old thread as I just picked one of these up a month ago and mounted it to my 2016 Yamaha Super Tenere. Fantastic radio and wish Yaesu hadn't axed it, I had to pay a pretty penny for it on eBay. I opted for the FTM-10R 50 Watt version rather than the 10 watt FTM-10SR. The lack of computer programming is real ********** as well as the fact that my radio came with the crappy non-DTMF mic and the MH-68A6J is not available anywhere. It's a 5V mic (where most modern Yaesus are 8V). Has anybody managed to hack up another mic to gain DTMF? I mostly want it in hopes I can hand key some off-step local public safety frequencies.

I mounted the control unit into a water-resistance box replacing my rear seat for the immediate needs of an event. Ultimately I will relocate it next to my RH pannier. The head unit (waterproof) is mounted to the cross bar under my windscreen. While I keep the mic on hand my usual form of communicating with it is through my Sena headset and SR-10 two-way radio adapter. The sound fidelity through the SR-10 isn't fantastic, though, so ultimately I plan to get a Rugged Radio hard wired helmet connection.

One day I'll get around two my writeup on installation and perhaps I'll post it here to Expo, as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke