Xpedition Camper out of Minnesota

ajn507

I do like the fact you are weighing it. It would be great to see the differnet weights as the build goes on.

Hoefler

Supporting Sponsor: Haf Xpedition Camper
Just frame. All in with water tank full-we expect 4,300 pounds. We will be weighing it as we continue the build.
Pete

Hoefler

We have begun the flatbed fabrication. The key here is easy on and off as well as a secure mount without relying on over center clamps. And once the camper is off, the flatbed has to offer a pragmatic use of the vehicle. Quick release hinged sides produces an all around usefull vehicle.

Attachments

• Camper 2-11.jpg
    Camper 2-11.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Camper 2-9.jpg
    Camper 2-9.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 104

Tiki

Observer
I really like the pop out junior bunks shown in post 55. I'm trying to figure out how you fit five people into one of these and that looks like the ticket!

Hoefler

The rear frame spacing is designed for adding a rear slide out. Its big enough for a 70" x 40" mattress.
Pete

tacoluv

Observer
Pete,
I really like the way this is going, keeping the weight off is a great challenge for any overland vehicle. It looks to be rugged and built for cold camping I hope to see you at Expo east. I live outside the Twin Cities and plan to swing buy to see you and the build.
Tom

Hoefler

Panels are installed. We are using 1 1/2" thick rigid foam for external panels. The panels inset withing the external panels. The interior gets an additional 1/2" insulation. There are no thermal bridges. Panels are easily removed if damaged.
Next step is prep for paint.
Pete

Hoefler

Installed a few of the Outbound windows we have sourced. They went in well. Outbound windows are tops-high quality and well executed.
Large window in the rear is a Seitz unit designed for emergency exit.
Pete

Attachments

• windows.jpg
    windows.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 90

Hoefler

We did-for our first try. Cabinets are nice but super heavy. We have built up metal ones for show but are using a local wood machine shop to build all of our cabinets out of CNC machined Baltic Birch. We are bring our camper with aluminum units to show, but will have Baltic in every one from this point forward.
Pete

Attachments

• interior2.jpg
    interior2.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 84
  • interior 3.jpg
    interior 3.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 88

bigskypylot

Explorer
We did-for our first try. Cabinets are nice but super heavy. We have built up metal ones for show but are using a local wood machine shop to build all of our cabinets out of CNC machined Baltic Birch. We are bring our camper with aluminum units to show, but will have Baltic in every one from this point forward.
Pete

Looks great. Are you using the same techniques (wood veneer etc) that are used in aircraft interiors where weight is always a concern?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles