Xpedition Camper out of Minnesota

Darwin

Explorer
Those cabinets look solid!

Will you be able to do custom work? For example, there is a thread on the electrical/12volt sub forum about high efficiency air conditioners, and a few people are using a mini split style AC units, one supposably draws only 350 watts with 9000 btu's of cooling. This would be something I would be interested in. I work 12 hour nights as a travel nurse and so I sleep during the day in the hospital parking lot, it would be nice to be able to have some cooling when it's really hot out running off a 800 amp lithium battery bank.

jerstw

Adventurer
Beautiful cabinet and like the subframe setup. When this is finished please let us know if "locals" can stop by and check it out; I am on the west side of MSP.

Hoefler

Supporting Sponsor: Haf Xpedition Camper
Darwin,
If you are local, I can have our electrical controls engineer take a look.
Locals from MSP-always welcome. I will give a heads up when near finished. I will supply pizza too!
Pete

Hoefler

Posting our over cab module. Our camper body can be supplied without the front overcab. The overba can be added later-its a module and simply bolts up to base frame. We also have a nice rear pop out (like pop up tent trailer) that fits on the rear.
Pete

Attachments

• CamperXP - 5.jpg
    CamperXP - 5.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 101
  • CamperXP - 9-2.jpg
    CamperXP - 9-2.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 106
  • CamperXP - 12.jpg
    CamperXP - 12.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 106
  • CamperXP - 6.jpg
    CamperXP - 6.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 109

DzlToy

Explorer
one supposably [sic] "SUPPOSEDLY" draws only 350 watts with 9000 btu's of cooling.

I bet a lot of other people would be interested too, as it seems to defy the laws of physics:

http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/power/Watt_to_BTU.htm

enter 350 WATTS and hit CONVERT and see what your answer is. Spoiler Alert: it's not 9,000 BTU/hr, not even close.

Camper box looks great. I love the idea of being able to add a "Mom's Attic" onto the front of any box. Sure beats buying old U-Haul boxes to convert into campers :D

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
It is possible as this is a "heat pump" system so it is moving the heat and not creating it. An air conditioner just moves the heat to the outside of the camper using electricity - in this case, 350 watts on average.

adam88

Explorer
I might have misunderstood. Looks like it's around 35-50 amps DC consumption. I know another member reported getting 90 amps from 1200 watts of solar. So it's possible

I think you are thinking of LeishaShannon (user on here) who has a mini split system installed. Yes, they are very efficient units. Their unit uses 350 watts input but is only 6800 btus.

That's the most efficient you'll find. But keep in mind its 240v and so there's some inverter loss too (and you need the inverter) plus mounting it is a total pain.

Is there anything stopping you from getting a small generator and running it overnight? Like an EU2000i? They are super quiet. If you can't run a generator then you could look into an "ice powered" air conditioner. Basically you fill a cooler with ice and it blows the air over you. They work really well, but the downside of course is you need ice... but I'm thinking, maybe your hospital has an ice machine? Or you just buy a bag of ice on the nights you work?

Just a thought.

Hoefler

Juniors bunk integrates well to frame.
Pete

Attachments

• Expedition - Bunk - 1.jpg
    Expedition - Bunk - 1.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Expedition - Bunk - 2.jpg
    Expedition - Bunk - 2.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Expedition - Bunk - 4.jpg
    Expedition - Bunk - 4.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Expedition - Bunk - 6.jpg
    Expedition - Bunk - 6.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Expedition - Bunk - 5.jpg
    Expedition - Bunk - 5.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 100

jerstw

Adventurer
Darwin,
If you are local, I can have our electrical controls engineer take a look.
Locals from MSP-always welcome. I will give a heads up when near finished. I will supply pizza too!
Pete

Look forward to it. Let me know if you need the "locals" to provide adult beverages...I have to drive by a few taprooms to get to the Eastside of the cities.

Hoefler

Interior cabinets and booth are finished. We used a material called Starwood for this. Hardware is stainless steel.
Pete

Attachments

• booth.jpg
    booth.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 96
  • kitchen.jpg
    kitchen.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 101
  • ide.jpg
    ide.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 104
  • idebase.jpg
    idebase.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 98

Hoefler

Interior takes shape. Rear bed/dining area is a full queen size. Beneath the cushions one will find lots of storage. We have provided several maintenance access ports which will allow for ease of inspection and access.
Pete

Attachments

• Camper - Bench - 1.jpg
    Camper - Bench - 1.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 107
  • Camper - Bench - 2-2.jpg
    Camper - Bench - 2-2.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Camper - Bench - 3-2.jpg
    Camper - Bench - 3-2.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Camper - Bench - 4.jpg