Or a criminal (municipal, state, federal) fraud case.If the contract states that additional monies are due at each stage of build, and he misrepresented (lied) about the stage of the build. That is sufficient evidence to warrant a civil fraud case.
Basic tenets of fraud.
- Misrepresentation of a material fact
- Knowledge on the part of the accused that they were misrepresenting the fact
- The misrepresentation was made purposefully, with the intent of fooling the victim
- The victim believed the misrepresentation and relied upon it
- The victim suffered damages as a result of the misrepresentation