XPCamper and low mileage Dodge Ram 2500

stickboy27

XPCamper and low mileage Dodge Ram 2500 - REDUCED TO $135k

We are the original owners of this XPCamper and will be selling as we move onto different adventures. The truck and camper have been great (no issues), the camper has been protected and out of the elements being garaged each winter.

The Truck:
  • 2007 Dodge am 2500 SLT Quad Cab 4WD with 5.9 Cummins Turbo Diesel & automatic transmission
  • No DEF required – this was the last year that diesel engines in the U.S. did not require emissions EGR/catalytic converters/DEF. A bonus for those visiting areas outside of Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel distribution; like Mexico and the Pan American highway
  • Mileage: 64,600 miles
  • Custom flatbed for XPCamper with multiple storage boxes
  • LED lights on rear for turn and brake controls
  • Custom aluminum front bumper (has recess for winch mount)
  • ExtremeAir air compressor with tank and hoses installed
  • Hella lights
  • Rancho RS9000 shocks
  • Steering stabilizer
  • Hellwig rear stabilizing bar
  • Custom removable hitch for bike rack (keeps rack high and out of damage potential)
  • Toyo Open Country M/T LT285/75R17 tires (including spare) all tires have good tread remaining
  • Additional single leaf spring each side added in rear
  • Fender flares
  • Ride-Rite Air bags added (not necessary, but nice if you want to level the truck at a campsite)
  • Tablet mount in cab for navigation
  • Capability to jump start truck using the camper batteries to start the truck in a disaster situation where power was lost
  • The truck gets 18-20 mpg in Colorado, we drive 65 mph, at that speed she handles well and is economical to operate
The Camper:

December 2012 XP V1 Camper (build #12) (took possession in spring 2013)
  • Camper has been used on about 2-3 trips per year trips in the USA – nothing crazy, mostly remote camping out in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.
  • The camper is removable and a custom aluminum flatbed can be used by itself.
  • More interior storage than you will use
    • Storage under the floor
    • Storage under the bed
    • Upper cabinet storage
    • Lower cabinet storage
    • Storage under the seat
    • Storage between bath and bed
  • Exterior storage large enough for chairs and a table
  • Diesel/oil storage compartment
  • Easy access to electronics through outside access panel
  • All wires labeled
  • Easy Access to cassette toilet and water through outside access panel
  • All hoses labeled
  • Heat ducts run near water lines, preventing lines from freezing in winter
  • When camper top is down, no entry can be made into interior through windows or doors – a great safety feature if you park at a trailhead for the day
  • Push button actuation to raise camper (also comes with remote control )
  • Top can also be raised manually if batteries fail
  • Sink has push button switch for activation with hip
  • Interior table can raise or lower
  • Lowered table can sleep one more person
  • Tucked away cubby hole to store shoes at entry way – keeps interior clean
  • Easy to sweep out interior – no lip atdoorway
  • LED lights throughout
  • Interior/exterior thermometer
  • Dometic awning
  • (2) 300A, 6V Lifeline AGM Batteries (batteries new in fall 2020)
  • Battery monitoring system (charges via solar and while truck is running)
  • Thetford Cassette Toilet
  • Blue Sea ACL Charge System
  • (2) 125W Solar panels – we have never run out of power
  • 2 multi speed, reversing, roof mounted ceiling Fans
  • 75 gallon fresh, 27 gallon grey water system
  • Water monitoring system
  • 4.3 cubic foot 12V marine refrigerator/freezer
  • Interior cold/hot shower
  • Webasto dual top - diesel heating system (furnace & hot water heater)
  • 30A SmartPlug shore power
  • Queen size Froli European spring mattress system
  • Insulated window coverings for cold weather camping
  • Dometic skylight with an insect screen and shade
  • Dometic windows with integrated insect screens and roll up shades
  • 1000W GoPower Pure Sine Inverter
  • Water filtration system (never used)
  • Webasto X100 Cooktop (diesel)
  • Multiple USB ports inside out outside
  • Mahogany wood trim
  • Spare Water pump
  • Yakima Rain Gutter plates for Yakima Rack and accessories
  • OEM XPCamper Jacks. These allow the camper to be removed for storage if required (camper is held on by 4 bolts and can be removed in about 30 minutes)
This camper system offers a lower center of gravity when stowed and helps makes the truck handle and perform great. It is extremely easy and fast to deploy. A very comfortable platform on or off grid. XP is now Nimbl. You can visit their site for more information. This unit looks and performs like new. It has been meticulously cared for, waxed yearly, and stored indoors during winters. You can go anywhere in comfort and style, summer or winter.

The camper layout is perfect. Everything you need, nothing you don’t. A full size queen bed, quality marine Webasto appliances. A comfortable rear dinette with huge top hung panorama window. A clever indoor sit down toilet and shower cubicle that when closed transforms into extra work surface and adding a feel of open space. Made from a monocoque composite construction, there is none of the worrying about stapled wood frames falling apart with off-road use.

The smooth surfaces mean keeping the camper clean is incredibly easy. Keeping it tidy is easy too, with a surprising amount of storage options underfloor, underbed, under seat and overhead as well as cupboards under the sink, a cutlery draw and large built in storage bins beside the bed. These campers also have a ‘full timer’ pedigree. With several owners taking them on multi-year trips through the Americas and beyond. They hold up incredibly well and retain their long term value. The compact nature of the truck and camper when ‘closed’ means that camper is suitable for container shipping if required, leaving you with a great flatbed truck.

Extras
  • Camper storage dolly/cart – camper lowers onto steel cart for winter storage or for truck use without camper. Cart can be assembled as a smaller (narrower) cart for storage, or jacks, bars, and plywood, or completely disassembled for transport
  • RUD GRIP tire chains – (2) pair - never used!

The interior pictures were taken on 10/11/2021 - she is very clean inside and looks new!
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
20211011_131814.jpg
20211011_131729.jpg
20211011_131657.jpg
20211011_131636.jpg
20211011_130548.jpg
20.JPG
2.5.JPG

Sad to see it go :( This has been a dream vehicle for us, but we are off to other adventures.

Price: $145k REDUCED TO $135k

If you have any questions please call or text me.

Last edited:

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Great setup.

Could you please provide a measurement of the full length, nose-to-tail? I suspect I already know the answer, but I'd love to know if this rig would fit our driveway.

Thanks!

stickboy27

Great setup.

Could you please provide a measurement of the full length, nose-to-tail? I suspect I already know the answer, but I'd love to know if this rig would fit our driveway.

Thanks!
Total length, bumper to bumper is 264 inches.

Nomads365

A Most Adventurous Couple
Carl, I've mentioned this previously to others selling their camper that your ad really need to spell XPCamper out with the XP and Camper together. That's the official brand name, and search engines, both Craigslist and here on ExPortal, will not allow searches for XP Camper as two words. XP is too short and you can imagine the result if you were to search for the word camper. When I was hunting for our used camper I had alerts setup to search the web for the term "XPCamper". Your listings would not have appeared as a result. Hope this helps. Good luck with your sale.

stickboy27

Carl, I've mentioned this previously to others selling their camper that your ad really need to spell XPCamper out with the XP and Camper together. That's the official brand name, and search engines, both Craigslist and here on ExPortal, will not allow searches for XP Camper as two words. XP is too short and you can imagine the result if you were to search for the word camper. When I was hunting for our used camper I had alerts setup to search the web for the term "XPCamper". Your listings would not have appeared as a result. Hope this helps. Good luck with your sale.
Thanks so much! I changed the title and listing to reflect your suggestion.

E

eugarps

A point of personal curiosity: Are there any using XPCampers for full time travel? I'm a widower who no longer needs not desires a sticks and bricks house. Thus, this would seem to be suitable.

Bill

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
A point of personal curiosity: Are there any using XPCampers for full time travel? I'm a widower who no longer needs not desires a sticks and bricks house. Thus, this would seem to be suitable.

Bill

Close enough? Several have been used around South America and South Africa. The secret is good use of the crew cab.

E

eugarps

Thank you! That will answer a bunch of questions while I get my house ready to sell (read sell all of the contents).

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94