XP Camper on 2016 F350 4x4 Diesel Platinum

Flyautoworks

**SOLD**

I have a 2016 Ford F-350 Platinum diesel with an XP Camper flatbed and camper. The camper was built in 2013. The truck has 38k miles and it is the long bed model so it has the storage compartment in between the camper and cab. The flatbed has an additional 4 storage boxes underneath and a slide out tray with storage in the rear as well. I purchased this rig recently and took it straight to Nimbl Vehicles. They added upgrades from the new nimbl evolution while refurbishing the rest of the camper. All rubber seals and calking is new.

Price: *SOLD*

- Truck upgrades

Icon reservoir shocks

Fuel wheels

Dual ARB air compressors

Buckstop front bumper

Warn 16.5 ti winch

Titan extended feul tank

Firestone air bags

- Nimbl camper upgrades

v1 hydraulic lift latching system ($3500)

Hydraulic electric needle valve lockout ($700)

Sliders and barrel bolt upgrades ($550)

Aluminum honeycomb bed platform($1050)

Aluminum honeycomb shower top with polished aluminum (mirror) inside ($1000)

Upgrade to the new brush seal on the inside of the camper ($1050)

Upgrade to new UV water filter ($1300)

2 new maxxfan plus fans ($450)

Tent has been removed and cleaned and refitted with new Velcro ($400)

Fuel line plummed directly to extended feul tank ($500)

Upgraded wiring (500)

Webasto heater fully serviced ($840)

New smoke/CO detector($80)

Windows polished ($140)

New toilet holding tank

New style shower curtain

The whole camper has been resealed (windows, skylight, and vents) and all of the rubber seals around the camper and flatbed are brand new

856CD2A9-96B6-4667-9172-C73AF684784D.jpeg

0082EC8A-45D2-4C49-BF3E-28A9FAD94E86.jpeg
AA6A08E1-CC4A-4D2D-AA8D-516B02FEC155.jpeg
1A369143-F928-44ED-BD55-3FB06DC420B3.jpeg
419DF8ED-B740-4289-B409-51266C3F6538.jpeg
12D8128B-0128-4EEE-873C-4B7C028C9346.jpeg
142C44C0-124C-4FF7-A7E2-AACD0F8B644C.jpeg
70FCF8CF-E020-4520-BE3D-4324BEB9A045.jpeg
EA74F105-2BD3-4E59-90B5-727805250971.jpeg
7F9BA6F2-4D7F-4894-B231-5261F98FBC9F.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a great rig and Robert has been really great to communicate with. I am posting this here to ask for help and maybe to also add some information for others who might want to buy XP camper.
  • I have admired these vehicles from afar for a while. We are not retired but enjoy travel and do a fair amount of ski camping.
  • When this was originally posted a few months ago, I was hoping to fly out to see it and make an offer but then it was removed from the market.
  • A few weeks ago I inquired about the rig through DM. Robert has been great to communicate with and has provide all information requested. Lots of photos exchanged.
  • We had agreed to terms that seemed reasonable. Robert was transparent about the RIG and condition, his plans. Etc

• This is where I can use some help because I would still like to buy the rig. If I cannot buy it, consider this additional information for anyone else interested.
  • Robert purchased the vehicle from the previous owner who lived in Maine but never registered the title in CA. The title is still a Maine title signed by the original owner.
  • I have talked with AAA in CA, Maine and PA trying to see how I can purchase it and be able to register and title it in my home state. Everything I have learned is that there is no easy path but I am sure others will know much much more than me.
  • Robert shared he could just sign the title but all sources say this then becomes a defaced title. I am no expert but have decided that I cannot purchase it without better knowledge on how to proceed.
  • If anyone wants to help me purchase this rig, send me a DM because I would like to buy it.
  • If you are interested in buying for yourself, you may want to research how to transfer title given the above.

Nomads365

A Most Adventurous Couple
This is where I can use some help because I would still like to buy the rig. If I cannot buy it, consider this additional information for anyone else interested.
  • Robert purchased the vehicle from the previous owner who lived in Maine but never registered the title in CA. The title is still a Maine title signed by the original owner.
  • I have talked with AAA in CA, Maine and PA trying to see how I can purchase it and be able to register and title it in my home state. Everything I have learned is that there is no easy path but I am sure others will know much much more than me.
  • Robert shared he could just sign the title but all sources say this then becomes a defaced title. I am no expert but have decided that I cannot purchase it without better knowledge on how to proceed.
  • If anyone wants to help me purchase this rig, send me a DM because I would like to buy it.
  • If you are interested in buying for yourself, you may want to research how to transfer title given the above.

There shouldn't be any problem with the title. A title is a title. If it's been signed off by the owner that is named on the title then it now belongs to whomever holds the title, regardless if it has been retitled in a new state or not. Have Robert sign off on the same title (thus releasing his interest in the vehicle) and take it to your state and have it titled there. I've never heard of the defaced title you mention. If you have any questions simply call your state and ask them, or run into a DMV office and ask.

There shouldn't be any problem with the title. A title is a title. If it's been signed off by the owner that is named on the title then it now belongs to whomever holds the title, regardless if it has been retitled in a new state or not. Have Robert sign off on the same title (thus releasing his interest in the vehicle) and take it to your state and have it titled there. I've never heard of the defaced title you mention. If you have any questions simply call your state and ask them, or run into a DMV office and ask.
Thanks for the information. This is exactly what Robert said. I just called two more title transfer shops in PA (not AAA) and received the same answer. Unless Robert is a car dealer, he cannot transfer title without first reissuing new title in CA in his name. He does not need to register it, just obtain a new title.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
JP, Unfortunately, I can’t providing any information to help you out.
I hope you are able to find a positive resolution and purchase this vehicle.

ExpoMike

I got caught up in a deal like this. Original owner sold car, new owner never transferred the title for years, then proceeded to sell to another person. That person never transferred the title before I bought it (though he only had it a few week, bought it without asking wife and wife told him to sell it).

I ended up going to a local registration place who took care of all the paperwork and saved me a HUGE amount of work and headaches.

Still never understand why people buy a vehicle and never transfer the title to themselves. Unless you're a dealer, get it transferred, which helps the next person who buys it.

Flyautoworks

Just to clear things up a bit, it was never titled because it was not in use yet. I’ve never had issues with this before as in California it is a simple title transfer form which can be done prior to registration. If a buyer would prefer I register the car before they purchase it, it would take about a week or two to get a tittle in my name.

Flyautoworks

Thanks for the kind words joe. I was under the impression that you weren’t interested anymore. If you would like, I am happy to transfer the title into my name if you can wait a week or so.

This is a great rig and Robert has been really great to communicate with. I am posting this here to ask for help and maybe to also add some information for others who might want to buy XP camper.

Robert purchased the vehicle from the previous owner who lived in Maine but never registered the title in CA. The title is still a Maine title signed by the original owner.

Last edited:

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Short story is:
-If the orig owner signed the title and left the buyer blank, then Joe can buy it and register it by filling in his info. This is still iffy only because each state wants their sales tax each time the vehicle is sold, and technically this is called skipping title, but not illegal to my knowledge
-If the orig owner did in fact list Robert as the buyer, then Robert will definitely have to register/change title before selling. The spaces provided for additional sales/transfers are only applicable to licensed dealers.

I do not profess to be an expert but have bought/sold an exorbitant number of vehicles from nearly every state, and the above is simply decades of experience. Please realize every state is different, but the above has been consistent for me...
Best of luck to all!!

Tiz_Zlife

I got caught up in a deal like this. Original owner sold car, new owner never transferred the title for years, then proceeded to sell to another person. That person never transferred the title before I bought it (though he only had it a few week, bought it without asking wife and wife told him to sell it).

I ended up going to a local registration place who took care of all the paperwork and saved me a HUGE amount of work and headaches.

Still never understand why people buy a vehicle and never transfer the title to themselves. Unless you're a dealer, get it transferred, which helps the next person who buys it.
Many people simply do not register in their name to save sales tax on the purchase

Superduty

Adventurer
Thanks for the kind words joe. I was under the impression that you weren’t interested anymore. If you would like, I am happy to transfer the title into my name if you can wait a week or so.

This would be silly. If you do this you will be paying tax on your purchase of the vehicle. Then the new buyer will have to pay tax on their purchase. California will be thrilled. I am sure someone will chime in that this is cheating the system and it's your civic duty for both parties to pay the taxes.

If the title is signed by the owner shown on the title, then whoever walks into DMV or AAA with the title can transfer title to their own name.

Now, if the person in possession of the title (not the person who signed it) is running some scam then I would understand the hesitation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94