XP Camper (now known as Nimbl Evolution Vehicle) for sale CAMPER ONLY

This Big Road Trip

Xpcampers were for sale for between 85-110 including the tray.

Hopefully I can assist with regards to price, I 'run' the Nimbl / XPCamper Owners Club.

The prices you mention are not strictly correct. The campers were being sold for 85 to around 125 over a number of years, with later years being around $125k and possibly a bit more. I do not know how much the very first price points were. There werenot much in the way of options to add on but there were a few. Primarily things like a TV or a microwave or 2 extra batteries (to make 4, which most opted for). So, there was a slightly lower base price but hardly anyone paid it.

In 2017 the campers were being sold at the upper end of the price bracket I mentioned. This included the flatbed (which XP somehow used to sell for around $10k - it is exceptionally well made)

Given the changes in the market, the price of competitive vehicles, manufacturing changes and such, you would imagine there to have been a price increase on new campers. This has categorically affected the price of used campers. Economics would dictate that an item is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. Nothing more, nothing less; and used campers of all brands seem to be selling at a premium currently.

There are distinct changes and additions in the new camper. But, overall, the theme remains the same. Changes such as lithium batteries / electrical system cost more. Changes such as induction vs Webasto stove do not. The carbon fibre camper storage bay doors, the upgraded roof supports, the nicer cushion options in the dinette. There are certainly some nice new touches to the Nimbl campers, but they remain - for the most part - the same. It is not a new camper, it is a more refined, higher spec version of the existing XPCamper.

To put it in auto terms, the new Nimbl should really be considered the same vehicle as the XP with a higher level of trim. A Ram Laramie as opposed to an ST, a Jeep Rubicon as opposed to the Jeep Sahara, a Tacoma SR as opposed to a TRD. You get the picture I imagine.

I recently did a review of the XPCamper HERE

Recent XPCamper sales would indicate that, mostly, people have actually sold for what they purchased the camper for. Some after a number of years. The shift in perceived value, the cost of new vehicles, the lack of wait time. All of these increase the cost. The XPCamper is also quite unique in that it's construction INSIDE is a single fibreglass mold for the bottom half and a single fibreglass mold for the top shell. A bit like a travelling soap dish. The top slides down over the bottom. All of the countertops, seats, bed etc etc are all single mold. This. means that they don't fall apart. Which also means that if you were to take your 'well used' camper to Nimbl then for a small fee you could completely refresh the camper quite easily. Which some existing owners have chosen to do. The old prototype recently had a refresh by Nimbl and looks amazing by all accounts.

Are the new vehicles from various brands worth the larger sums being floated around these days. I don't know. I live in mine full time so there is justification for me. It would be a very expensive weekend camper. But, to someone wth possibly larger pockets, it would be an absolutely killer weekend camper.

So, apologies, a longer post than intended. But ....

- The new Nimbl camper prices absolutely had a knock on effect to the used camper prices.
- I have only met the owners once at the Flagstaff Expo, but, they would seem to have been quite honest about the issues that might need looking at on the camper. I also don't see anything in those issues that would put me off purchasing it. Personally, I would have fixed them and sold it 'done' but that's just me.

Finally, I have lived in ours for three years full time, driving from Canada to Colombia (currently stuck here) but I can vouch for the fact that it's a great camper that I would happily buy again. I have yet to see anything that looks as small from the outside but as big on the inside - kind of the holy grail for me. The new Nimbl guys are a solid foundation of support and have given me fixes and advice despite not even buying the camper form them. There is a great group's of owners who all share their wealth of knowledge, experience, help and tips - along with driveways to park in should you be passing through.

A used XPCamper has a lot going for it and holds it's value really well. Just my 2c

Hope that helps.

adam88

Explorer
Hopefully I can assist with regards to price, I 'run' the Nimbl / XPCamper Owners Club.

The prices you mention are not strictly correct. The campers were being sold for 85 to around 125 over a number of years, with later years being around $125k and possibly a bit more. I do not know how much the very first price points were.

Here are the historical numbers for XP camper pricing. Keep in mind, the dates are the dates price increases came into effect. So as long as you ordered before then you got the discounted price. Wait times from order date varied but seemed to average around 1 year. These prices are installed and include both the camper AND flatbed

Jun 2012 = $68,825
May 2013 = $74,825
Feb 2015 = $79,825
May 2015 = $84,825
Jun 2016 = $88,825
Jan 2017 = $92,810
Jul 2017 = $119,875
Jul 2018 = $120,925
Jun 2019 = XP Camper goes bankrupt

LenGruppo

The prices you mention are not strictly correct. The campers were being sold for 85 to around 125 over a number of years, with later years being around $125k and possibly a bit more. I do not know how much the very first price points were. There werenot much in the way of options to add on but there were a few. Primarily things like a TV or a microwave or 2 extra batteries (to make 4, which most opted for). So, there was a slightly lower base price but hardly anyone paid it.

In 2017 the campers were being sold at the upper end of the price bracket I mentioned. This included the flatbed (which XP somehow used to sell for around $10k - it is exceptionally well made)

Given the changes in the market, the price of competitive vehicles, manufacturing changes and such, you would imagine there to have been a price increase on new campers. This has categorically affected the price of used campers. Economics would dictate that an item is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. Nothing more, nothing less; and used campers of all brands seem to be selling at a premium currently.

There are distinct changes and additions in the new camper. But, overall, the theme remains the same. Changes such as lithium batteries / electrical system cost more. Changes such as induction vs Webasto stove do not. The carbon fibre camper storage bay doors, the upgraded roof supports, the nicer cushion options in the dinette. There are certainly some nice new touches to the Nimbl campers, but they remain - for the most part - the same. It is not a new camper, it is a more refined, higher spec version of the existing XPCamper.

To put it in auto terms, the new Nimbl should really be considered the same vehicle as the XP with a higher level of trim. A Ram Laramie as opposed to an ST, a Jeep Rubicon as opposed to the Jeep Sahara, a Tacoma SR as opposed to a TRD. You get the picture I imagine.

Recent XPCamper sales would indicate that, mostly, people have actually sold for what they purchased the camper for. Some after a number of years. The shift in perceived value, the cost of new vehicles, the lack of wait time. All of these increase the cost. The XPCamper is also quite unique in that it's construction INSIDE is a single fibreglass mold for the bottom half and a single fibreglass mold for the top shell. A bit like a travelling soap dish. The top slides down over the bottom. All of the countertops, seats, bed etc etc are all single mold. This. means that they don't fall apart. Which also means that if you were to take your 'well used' camper to Nimbl then for a small fee you could completely refresh the camper quite easily. Which some existing owners have chosen to do. The old prototype recently had a refresh by Nimbl and looks amazing by all accounts.

Are the new vehicles from various brands worth the larger sums being floated around these days. I don't know. I live in mine full time so there is justification for me. It would be a very expensive weekend camper. But, to someone wth possibly larger pockets, it would be an absolutely killer weekend camper.

- The new Nimbl camper prices absolutely had a knock on effect to the used camper prices.
- I have only met the owners once at the Flagstaff Expo, but, they would seem to have been quite honest about the issues that might need looking at on the camper. I also don't see anything in those issues that would put me off purchasing it. Personally, I would have fixed them and sold it 'done' but that's just me.

Finally, I have lived in ours for three years full time, driving from Canada to Colombia (currently stuck here) but I can vouch for the fact that it's a great camper that I would happily buy again. I have yet to see anything that looks as small from the outside but as big on the inside - kind of the holy grail for me. The new Nimbl guys are a solid foundation of support and have given me fixes and advice despite not even buying the camper form them. There is a great group's of owners who all share their wealth of knowledge, experience, help and tips - along with driveways to park in should you be passing through.

A used XPCamper has a lot going for it and holds it's value really well. Just my 2c

Hope that helps.

Thank you mean

Hope that helps.

We really really appreciate this James!

Forrest Thorniley

Hello,

Seriously considering one of these within the next 3-5 years. I had a few winter camping questions that maybe you can help with.
  • How often did you use the XP in winter?
  • Did you use the plumbing in below freezing conditions and does the furnace & ducting keep the system warm enough to prevent frozen pipes/drains? When the heater is not running for a few days I assume you have to drain the plumbing? Is that a complicated process?
  • Does the popup/cloth area let in a lot of cold air?
  • Any issues with having a tow package using the XP/Nimbl Tray? Id like to tow a couple snowmobiles.

Are you going to a different camper?

Nice camper and GLWS!

Decanter

Adventurer
  • Did you use the plumbing in below freezing conditions and does the furnace & ducting keep the system warm enough to prevent frozen pipes/drains? When the heater is not running for a few days I assume you have to drain the plumbing? Is that a complicated process?
  • Any issues with having a tow package using the XP/Nimbl Tray? Id like to tow a couple snowmobiles.

I will jump in to give you an independent point of view since this isn't my camper for sale. I have used my 2017 XP a lot in winter. I have never had a problem with frozen anything. I have had it down below zero without issue.

Draining is relatively simple. There is a water tank drain and a drain on the Dual Top. Grey water also has a drain.

The fabric area by the bed has insulated covers which velcro in. The heating system in the XP is overkill and it is no problem to keep the camper 70 degrees or more if needed.

I tow a 23' Malibu Wakesetter easily with my Dodge.

I hope this helps.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Here are the historical numbers for XP camper pricing. Keep in mind, the dates are the dates price increases came into effect. So as long as you ordered before then you got the discounted price. Wait times from order date varied but seemed to average around 1 year. These prices are installed and include both the camper AND flatbed

Jun 2012 = $68,825
May 2013 = $74,825
Feb 2015 = $79,825
May 2015 = $84,825
Jun 2016 = $88,825
Jan 2017 = $92,810
Jul 2017 = $119,875
Jul 2018 = $120,925
Jun 2019 = XP Camper goes bankrupt
As far as I know, XPCamper has not declared bankruptcy or administratively dissolved, it is still owned by Marc Wassmann. Marc put a huge amount of energy into XPCamper, but at the end of the day didn't understand manufacturing or the true costs involved. Hopefully we (Nimbl) can do better - we acquired a lot of the assets of XPCamper from a secured creditor at auction.

Yes, the new camper is a great improvement, but the older ones are (still) amazing campers. Owners have been bouncing these things down dirt roads for a decade now all over the planet and they hold up really, really well. The big thing we recommend is upgrading the electrical system to the new and improved Nimbl standard (LiFePO4 batteries, Victron components, induction cooktop, etc.) Getting a used one at half the price of new ($229k) is a spectacular bargain that I don't expect will continue as the new Nimbl brand gains traction and our order backlog grows.

I own Proto (the original prototype, with 190,000 miles on it) so can speak with first-hand experience on how well they hold up.

Last edited:

This Big Road Trip

Hello,
  • Any issues with having a tow package using the XP/Nimbl Tray? Id like to tow a couple snowmobiles

I'll add some info too.

1 - I never use out in winter. Some do - at high elevation too. I have only been down to around freezing, maybe a touch below.
2 - None of the plumbing runs outside of the camper shell. The camper storage compartments and subfloor are all heated by the Webasto Dual top, as is the interior. Draining the plumbing is not complicated, although it might be a touch easier to run some RV antifreeze. I never like the idea of blowing out water lines but that's an option too. The Dual Top Water Heater also has an emergency drain, so if the dual top hits 6ºc (43F) then it auto drains as a protective measure.
3 - No. In fact, if anything, we had issues with the camper being too hot and had to finesse the Webasto Dual top dial a little. Some who have had it in very cold temps used an extra insulation layer inside the tent but that isn't usual. The Webasto Heater is more than enough for a camper this size.
4 - I have a tow package on my Ram 3500. I haven;t towed with ours but the other people I mentioned above pull two snowmobiles with theirs. They just posted a video from 'Rabbit Ears' wherever that is. Pow looked nice.

Hope that helps.

LenGruppo

Since I'm only selling the camper, here is a bit more information about service, trucks and a flat bed. Nimbl offers service to the XPCampers and service is also available for most problems at RV service centers and boat service centers. You need to supply a suitable truck, typically a single rear wheel 350/3500 that has a flat bed. Flat beds from Nimbl are about $22k +/- depending on options and are terrific, but other companies like PCOR and Norweld offer ready to install flat beds for about 1/2 that price for Dodge and Ford respectively. Other companies like DBL Design in Hurst Texas can make a custom flat bed on certain truck platforms. I suggest doing some research to see how to mount the camper to a flat bed that is not XP or Nimbl.

LenGruppo

I have listed the camper on eBay with more pictures and description. Search for
2017 XPCamper V1e
XPCamper, expedition flatbed truck camper, fiberglass monocoque shell, 4 season
3 years old, 2017 model delivered new in February 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior