XO750 Trailer Jack

1Louder

Explorer

Roaddude

Long time off-grid vanlife adventurist
I have an ARK XO-750 on my XVentures XV-2 trailer. I bought it as an upgrade to the single-wheel Fulton jack that was on it previously. XVenture trailers now come with ARK jacks installed.

It's simply the best trailer jack I've ever used or run across, bar none, in over forty years of towing trailers.

ARK XO jacks are made in Australia by ARK Portable Power and are designed specifically for travel in the mud and roots of the outback. Got mine right from Schutt Industries in Wisconsin, who make the XVenture trailers, when I was up there getting other stuff.

Since then I've dragged and used my trailer all over North America, to the tune of about 400 nights out in all sorts of environments and weather.

I like that it makes my trailer far more maneuverable by hand, even fully-loaded in desert sand of the borderlands or tree-root laden soil of New England lakeshores. The heavy duty swivel duel wheel makes a huge difference.

I can lock one side of my trailer with the hand brake--just under the front of the fender in the image below--and pivot my trailer on that side by hand so much more than I could with the old Fulton jack, which was stout to begin with, but only had a single wheel.

I like that it has a removable magnetic handle, making it just one more step difficult for any ne'er-do-well with eyes on my trailer.

I like the heavy duty swivel clamp at the tongue attachment point, which allows the jack upright to pivot and lock in place more securely than any other trailer jack I've used. When towing, you can store and lock the duel-wheel yoke in a number of positions to accommodate trailer tongue, support angles, other gear, or greater clearance underneath.

My XO-750 has four upright positions, maxing at just over 29.5" and all lock securely into place. I like the square body and heavy duty swivel clamp. Feels stout and much stronger than the round Fulton jack did.

With my old jack I often had to use pieces of 2x8 under the jack wheel for extra lift if parked on a slope, because it did not always lift high enough to level my trailer. I've never had to with the XO-750. I would also use pieces of lumber under the wheel with the old jack to make it easier to move the trailer those minor adjustments often needed when hitching up. It was just a given I would always have a piece of 2x8 under the wheel. No need to with the XO jack. I can far more easily nudge the tongue into place.

Maintenance: Other than spraying some white lithium grease on the spring-loaded U handle, pivot point, and shaft once in the time I've owned it, and wiping it down if really dirty, there has been no maintenance. It's been sitting for weeks now through a Maine coast winter, so I'll give it some more white lithium at pivot and moving points when cleaning and re-organizing.

The videos on the ARK site show a spring pin for the duel wheel yoke when storing. Mine has a built-in permanent pin that protrudes from the bottom of the adjustable square shaft surround the jack leg. I like that it is NOT a spring pin, actually.

The XO-750 has a static load rating of 1650 lbs and a dynamic load rating of 1100 lbs. The 750 evidently indicates kilos (2.2 lbs x 750k = 1650). ARK had an XO-500, too, though I don't see that marketed these days.

Amazon currently has a black XO-750 for $299.00. If purchasing, keep an eye on prices. Mine was less expensive from Schutt than anywhere else at the time, including Amazon, where prices fluctuate depending on demand and stock, evidently.

#noaffiliation with either Schutt/XVenture or ARK XO jacks. I just love the products.

loadedup_5452-900.jpg
arkXO750_0185-900.jpg
ARKXO750-800.jpg

Here are some images I saved when researching this jack back before getting mine:

arc-XO-750.jpg
arc-XO-750-stowaway-sideview.jpg

Let me know if I can make any other images for you or provide any other details.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz