XJ project MORTY

Mr_Miyagisan

Adventurer
Actually just installed it for the first time

Tepui on the XJ by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr

Overall very happy with it. Deploys quick (even for our first time) and folds back up even quicker. Maybe one or two small things i could gripe about like one of our internal storage bags has a hole in it and then some material choices like velcro. I think it'll wear out pretty quick seeing wind and weather all the time. We cant wait to go out and use it!

Last edited:

onemanarmy

Explorer
Picked up my $160 custom rack yesterday, super happy with it. Great work for the price and made to my specs!

I would like to know who built that rack, because those mounting feet are exactly what I've been looking for. Think the builder would sell just the feet? Thanks.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Whaler

Adventurer
Great looking XJ, well done. I'm about to start installing the same suspension kit from DPG. I wasn't planning to do any fender cutting but your jeep has me thinking twice about those flat bushwacker flares. I'm planning to try and keep mine looking relatively OE but those flares are pretty close and look great with a modest lift. Dirk said you can't really run anything bigger than a 30" wheel with his 2.5" kit, unless you start cutting. Decisions, decisions... I really like your build.

Mr_Miyagisan

Adventurer
Great looking XJ, well done. I'm about to start installing the same suspension kit from DPG. I wasn't planning to do any fender cutting but your jeep has me thinking twice about those flat bushwacker flares. I'm planning to try and keep mine looking relatively OE but those flares are pretty close and look great with a modest lift. Dirk said you can't really run anything bigger than a 30" wheel with his 2.5" kit, unless you start cutting. Decisions, decisions... I really like your build.

Thanks! Dirk is a great guy and really know his stuff when it come to OME suspension. I really do like these flares, really expensive but gained a ton of space. I comfortably fit these large 30"s (Goodyear lists them as 30.8"). You could look at Bushwacker pocket flares to keep a stockish looking flare or I've seen people trim out the fenders and pop the stock flares back on but higher.
Thanks for the kind words, good luck on your XJ!

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
IMG_20170509_091659_953_zpsafzw0hc4.jpg
[/URL]

OB #2116 right here:elkgrin:

Mr_Miyagisan

Adventurer
Slow progress

Loaded up the jeep with 4 of us and drove down to Red River Gorge in Kentucky to climb, just 3 days outta the jeep. Maybe about 50 miles of some terribly maintained roads to get to and from the crags, not a single issue outta the jeep. Loved it!
Red River Gorge by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr
Red River Gorge by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr
domo, Red River Gorge by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr
Got married this past weekend and received a Yeti tundra 50 for a wedding gift, thinking I'm going to hold off on the Dometic fridge now to save some cash. Yeti should work out great for our trip!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles