XJ project MORTY

JSwanson

Observer
Since you asked...
I bought my jeep with worn ko2s on it and they were terrible. They were worn unevenly and very very loud. And could get dangerously slippery on wet surfaces. They were not bald, just worn.

Then I installed Duratracs and they were great. Once they got worn out though they became slippery. I sold them when they got close to the wear bars and someone else is still running them. They had 60,000miles on them at the time. They were good in the winter and decent in the mud and good on gravel too. Had lots of highway miles on them as well. With only a 2ply sidewall they aren't for hardcore offroading though.

So then I got the coopers and they are awesome. Heavier but worth it for the strength and because I'll be doing more off road than before. They also did good this past winter and have been good in the rain and mud. Really love them.

IMO, your choice is determined how you wheel and how much you highway.

Thanks, I also love my duratracs and have about 15-16k on them and they wear amazingly well.

JSwanson

Observer
Good deal on the Coopers, I don't mind the noise anyway. My XJ isn't very quiet anyway with the cowl intake that's about all you can hear. Looking forward to the rest of your build.
Thanks! the Coopers seem great so far, I really don't think they are any louder than the duratracs and from the small amount of mud I've been in with them they are much better. They clean out SUPER fast.
I have only open the winch so far but it seems like a really solid product, hopefully the rest of my JCR stuff gets here pretty soon!
//

My JKS heavy duty shackles, Sway bar bushings, Hi-Lift, and recovery gear showed up yesterday. Went ahead and installed the sway bar bushing and painted the bar while it was out, black is a much better color than rust lol plan on knocking out the shackles today, fingers crossed that the bolts don't snap. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Mr_Miyagisan

Adventurer
Had a work trip this week to Niagara Falls, NY. Last minute I decided to drive the XJ out and brought my Wife with me. We figured we would take the long way back home through Canada and camp for a night since I still had the tent on from the weekend before for the Overland Bound meet.
//
Crossed the border around 4:30 on Thursday and spent some time taking in the view of the falls from the Canadian side (10x better than our side) lol
Niagara Falls, Canada by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr
//
Leaving the falls, we started heading east on small two laners in and out of rain storms till we reached Long Point Provincial park near Port Rowan, ON. Luckily got there just before they closed up for the night and scored what would end up being a really sweet campsite once the sun came up. Flipped the tent out and ate our gas station Ham & cheese croissants and Doritos then headed up to bed.
Woke up to a low sun and crashing waves from Lake Erie. Easily one of my favorite campsites we've been too
Long Point campsite by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr
Campsite 358, Lake Point PP by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr
//
Jordan went straight to the beach but I decide to wash my important bits and snap some shots of the campsite first. Ended up chatting with an older local couple who had never seen a RTT before and they were obsessed with it lol not sure how their little Honda Fit would like it though.
//
I finally made it out to the beach after a 50 yard walk and it was quite the view ....and I found my wife lol
Lake Erie by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr
Booty at Lake Erie by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr
Seagulls, Lake Erie by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr
//
Spent about an hour going up and down the beach before we decided to pack up camp and start heading east. Took coastal roads all the way to Detroit where we crossed back over into the US. Picked the dog up from my parents and made it home before the sundown Friday night. Was a great way to end the week.
Boat ramp by Emerson Bowling, on Flickr
//
Lucky enough to make it home to one of the biggest cardboard boxes I've even seen. Of course from JCR, tore apart one of the boxes to find my front bumper! Between it and the gas tank skid that also came in, I think my gonna have a pretty cramped index finger from painted and installing these this weekend. More to come on that!

Last edited:

Mr_Miyagisan

Adventurer
busted out the window in Breckenridge when I hit a tree. Pick up the red one at a pick and pull yard in C.Springs lol I just nabbed up and installed a white one from a local guy this weekend so its back to color matching

maxfederle89

Epic thread man. Really enjoyed it. What did you have to do to get sponsored by JCR?? That's epic. I have certain company I want to outfit most of my WJ. Already have their sliders. Now I want their Bumpers someday... I wouldn't mind their stickers and a sponsorship haha

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles