XJ Gobi Ranger

lunchboxmunchy

Keep Calm & Chive On
Howdy Expo members! I have a question. I have a '98 XJ and I wanna get the Gobi Ranger Roof Rack for it. Does anyone have any experience with it or currently using them. I'm curious as to the strength, durability, accessories, and maybe how it'll support a RTT. Thanks!

KCCO

overlandxj

Ive owned one for 5 year. best thing every. pre wired for lights, powdercote has lasted, and the ladder has made it easy to get my spare tyre. great investment. EVERYONE is jealous of it. Must buy.

lunchboxmunchy

Keep Calm & Chive On
Ive owned one for 5 year. best thing every. pre wired for lights, powdercote has lasted, and the ladder has made it easy to get my spare tyre. great investment. EVERYONE is jealous of it. Must buy.

You said it's pre wired for lights, how so? Do you have the rack with the built in spare or the normal Ranger? Can you post some pics. Thanks.

Timgco

Adventurer
pre wired from front to rear inside the rack. The wires are just stubbed out each end.

These racks are very tough. You can jump up and down on them. They don't move!!! Hardware is stainless.

You can set these up to mount your spare in any one of their configurations.

overlandxj

Its beefy

Prewired for lights from front to rear. I use it to pivot off trees on the trail.

Attachments

• IMG_6437.jpg
    IMG_6437.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6482.jpg
    IMG_6482.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6401.JPG
    IMG_6401.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6617.jpg
    IMG_6617.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6526.jpg
    IMG_6526.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 12

overlandxj

Overlandxj how big are your lights? Do you think the Lightforce 170's would fit?
My IPFs are 6.5 inches with some rise (they rub the rack on top) and I know the IPFs are 6.7 inches and they stick up taller. I would say no, but you could always try..... i know the 140s would, but they would be real small up there. They were built for PIAA fronts and rear, but i got cheapy rears and stuck with IPFs 100 w up front...... bright. My light forces 140s stay on the ARB bumper (barely fit too).

overlandxj

Howdy Expo members! I have a question. I have a '98 XJ and I wanna get the Gobi Ranger Roof Rack for it. Does anyone have any experience with it or currently using them. I'm curious as to the strength, durability, accessories, and maybe how it'll support a RTT. Thanks!

KCCO

There is no way in hell a roof top tent would or should go on the ranger rack with the tire........ it makes it top heavy enough..... and there are no flat spots......ive tried already and it just looks and feels off (taller than a disco). Im going to build a trailer instead...... but for now im just ground camping with the foxes.

lunchboxmunchy

Keep Calm & Chive On
Thanks for everyone's responses! I've been away for a while. I had originally wanted to install an RTT on top of the roof rack, but i've decided to not. I think i'd wanna fab something up to install an LED bar across the front instead of the individual lights. Thoughts? Also, how strong is the ladder?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier