Xenon HID installion on a Defender

Aubrey

Observer
The sollution to dim Defender lights ..... http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/moorea/Ruby.html

Without spot lights or more powerfull bulbs :jumping: Xenon on left (35W) vs Osram Brightstar (55W) on right

HID001.JPG

pangaea

Adventurer
Very cool. A much needed upgrade for those crappy factory Defender headlamps.

I'd love to see some photos of the difference at night.

asteffes

Explorer
It's really important to use a quality reflector with an HID retrofit like that one. I would never use an HID kit with US-spec reflectors, as they generally don't focus the light very well and result in a lot of glare (although, the '05+ Tacomas have excellent reflectors and do benefit from upgraded light sources.) For an older vehicle, one could couple an HID kit with the Hella H4 conversion reflectors and have a good lighting solution that doesn't blind oncoming traffic on the highway.

hoser

Explorer
Last edited:

Aubrey

Observer
100% true that 4000K gives more light output if measured but your eye perceives 8000K as closer to sunlight. I find that the 4000K is too white and creates eye strain and glare on white or light coloured objects. Not so for the 8000K. Considering the sensitivity of my eye, I opted for 8000K. Nice thing is that you can make your own choices :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94