X-plore II Discovery Build

X-plorenow

Adventurer
OK, let's try this again. I have previously mentioned that I rolled my Jeep, and then recently cooked the engine on it's replacement a 97 Disco I.

So this weekend I picked up a new to me 99 Disco II. Hopefully I will have better luck with this one. I better as I can't keep picking up cars.

It has just over 120k miles and just got the head gasket done in February. It has a decent list of mods, that is why I was interested in it, and I picked it up for a pretty good bargain:

1999 Discovery Series 2
Oxford Blue
Tan Leather interior
Tires: BFG MT's 255/85/16r with at least 60% life left (spare included)
Lift: RTE 2" HD with 1" Rover Hardware spacers (2.5-3" ish total) w/ OME nitro shocks (the yellow ones)
Tom Woods front drive shaft
Single front sun roof
CDL Installed (works and looks stock)
K&N Air Filter
New plugs and wires
New exhaust gaskets
Brembo Drilled rotors with EBC pads
Stainless braided extended brake lines

Currently still driving it home from ABQ to Colorao. Drives like a dream so far. It is also strange that it isn't leaking fluids like an ICU patient like my last truck.

Can't wait to get home and start the mods. I will post some pictures and an initial list of mods when I get back. Will keep you all posted!

But I am definitely a happy new daddy so far!! :wings:

LandyAndy

Adventurer
Check to see if it's got extended ABS lines too.... should be done at the same time as fitting the extended brake lines.

DexGtr

Observer
And to bin the K&N.

i saw this and wondered why...then i stumbled on the what mod you regret thread and saw alot of people have problems after using k & n...i just installed a k & n air filter on my d2....

i just ditched it and bought a regular paper one.

Thans ExPo. :victory:

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
If it doesn't leak its empty.

Just added nearly a quart of gear oil to my tcase. Granted, it was on a slope so i could get more in there. But that's a lot of gear oil... Especially for such a little seep.

-Sam

X-plorenow

Adventurer
trust me I know. I almost had to do daily checks on my last Disco. But I have checked "most of the fluids and they were good. I was a little low on coolant and topped that off but that's it. One of the first questions I asked the guy when I called about the car was what was it leaking and how bad. He said that it wasn't, it was before but after the head gasket job it cleared up. Seems to be the truth so far.

Do be haters, just because you are jealous guys !! :)

X-plorenow

Adventurer
OK finally made it home tonight from ABQ after a quick detour at the Grand Canyon and Durango, CO for some quick wheelin. Drives like a dream and handles great even lifted.

One thing I did notice was a rather large vibration only at certain times when it downshifted at speed. Vibration seems to be coming from under the front seat. Am I guessing drive shaft vibration correctly?

It supposedly has a TW shaft up front. Could it be the TW or is it more likely the rear shaft?

Any thoughts?

X-plorenow

Adventurer
Took her out this weekend for some quick offroading....Break her in Good! :smiley_drive:

Attachments

• IMG01249-20100921-1543.jpg
    IMG01249-20100921-1543.jpg
    859.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG01254-20100921-1547.jpg
    IMG01254-20100921-1547.jpg
    816.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG01257-20100921-1548.jpg
    IMG01257-20100921-1548.jpg
    979.1 KB · Views: 26

X-plorenow

Adventurer
Started with basic PM first. Oil change, tranny fluid change, bottle of K-seal for good measure, windshield wipers and other various tasks. Also put in my Yellow Top from the Jeep and rewired the battery and alternator:

Attachments

• IMG01272-20100928-1414.jpg
    IMG01272-20100928-1414.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior