WTS 2012 Adventure Trailers Flippac loaded with options for long bed 2nd gen Tacoma

WITHDRAWN

full

Purchased new from, and installed by, Adventure Trailers in Prescott, Arizona in February 2012. They upgraded it with a pair of Windoors for each side and the largest available Fiamma F35 Pro awning for the passenger side. Inside is an Adventure Trailers three way switched white/red LED light box with dual 12v charging ports mounted in the front left - in front of the drivers side windoor - of the camper. The Flippac is Toyota Pyrite Mica color matched.

Will also include a "Texas Tan" color SLO Sails rain fly and it's carry bag with all of the battens. We only used the rain fly four or five times and oddly enough, never for rain. Instead, we used it on windy and cold nights to keep the temperature up. I have added small round L-track mounting points to the rear to attach a Kelty "car tarp" awning off of the rear which I will include. I have also added removable LED light strips into the fabric hoops with the wires taped down the tent poles with dimmers added in-line. I used this method as I didn't feel comfortable cutting or poking holes in the fabric sleeves. Plus, the upgrade is completely reversible. Bolted to the inside of the rear window is a stainless cabinet pull to make closing and opening from the inside easier.

We added a 2" thick memory foam pad on top of the factory mattress and always slept on top of the pad. I have upgraded the factory hold down bar attachment points as we pulled one off one winter. Now a high grade stainless quick disconnect system is in place allowing the storage of the hold down bars inside the camper or cab. The camper has always been on this truck and when not in use, the truck has always been garaged.

Our family really loves the Flippac and the decision to let it go has not come easy. I now have a disability that considerably limits the use of my left arm. Putting the Flippac up alone with one arm isn't too difficult, but putting it away - tucking in fabric while pushing down on the lid - requires a bit more effort.

Camper is currently located one hour east of St. Louis, on the Illinois side of the river. Will entertain delivery/partial delivery requests and can arrange for professional install if you come to pick it up here. If I still have the camper I will have it at the Lone Star Toyota Jamboree in May on the weekend of May 12th - 15th. Sadly cannot attend Expo West this year.

Flippac bed once deployed is rated for 1,000 lbs.
Flippac hammock is rated for 160 lbs.
I am 6'1" tall and have heaps of headroom when standing in the bed of the truck when opened.

Included are the following:

Flippac crank handle
Pair of removeable lid/bed hold down bars and their fender mounted attachment points
SLO Rainfly with battens and carry bag
Kelty Cartarp detachable rear awning and carry bag

Asking WITHDRAWN

The first image shows the one and only fault in the camper. There is a crack in the gelcoat on the rear window brace/spar.

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg
Close up of the L-track point for clipping in the adjustable mount for hanging the rear temporary awning when desired.

IMG_0744.jpg
The cabinet pull that I put on the inside of the rear window to make it easier to open and close it from the inside. (NOTE: rear facing dash cam not included with camper)

IMG_0745.jpg
Interior shot of the camper closed. Note that I keep the add-on foam mattress cover pulled back a bit so that it doesn't make it too hard to latch the lid when closing. After opening simply push the foam forward a bit. Also visible is the temporary wiring for the LED strip lights that I slipped into the tents fabric hoop cuffs.

IMG_0746.jpg
Huge Fiamma F35 pro awning and windoors.

IMG_8030.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne