Bought. WTB, WTT Dexter trailer axle hubs, 6 lug

taugust

Adventurer
I bought an offroad teardrop trailer that has a Dexter 3500# axle with 10" brakes (hub and brake drum integrated) and five lug (5 on 5.5) hubs. I want to convert to 6 on 5.5 lugs to match Toyota wheels. Anyone have any that you have converted or you want to convert? Located in Austin TX.

Attachments

• IMG_5038.jpg
    IMG_5038.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
I have the 10” brakes and 6 on 5.5 hubs I want to sell once I get my timbren axle installed. It requires 12” brakes. My 10s are 3 years old and maybe 5000 miles on them.

I’m in Tucson Arizona area.

taugust

Adventurer
The hub and drum are integrated. I know I can buy new. I was just hoping to swap with someone who needs what I have. I think the swap is fairly common and no sense in having these laying around when I don't need them.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
The hub and drum are integrated. I know I can buy new. I was just hoping to swap with someone who needs what I have. I think the swap is fairly common and no sense in having these laying around when I don't need them.

I wish I would have seen this earlier. I just ordered drum/hubs and spacers to flip my AT chaser from toyota 6-lug to JK wheels. I’m guessing shipping would be prohibitive, but someone local and interested... I have the 16” wheels with 265 KO2s, lug nuts with shoulders, metric studded spacers, and 10” drum hubs for a #84 spindle.

taugust

Adventurer
I wish I would have seen this earlier. I just ordered drum/hubs and spacers to flip my AT chaser from toyota 6-lug to JK wheels. I’m guessing shipping would be prohibitive, but someone local and interested... I have the 16” wheels with 265 KO2s, lug nuts with shoulders, metric studded spacers, and 10” drum hubs for a #84 spindle.
How much would you want for the hubs? I have family in CA and might get there before too long.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Hubs / bearings / seals are basically scrap iron in my eyes, completely useable, but probably have a value somewhere around $40 if I list them somewhere. If you’re coming from So-Cal, one of my wife’s favorite beers is distributed there but not here... happy wife has more value to me than some 10” brake drums and bearings...

The real value as I see it is in the spacers and Toyota wheels. The spacers are 2-1/4” thick and set up to convert the 6-lug 1/2-20 studs to M12-1.5 (1.25?) on the same bolt circle. They include the Metric Toyota Lug Nuts with the shoulders, and the 1/2-20 nuts for the trailer. They aren’t heavy, probably shippable relatively easily, but then I’m stuck with wheels and hub/drums.

The tires are somewhere between not great and bad, with significant tread consumed and some sidewall cracking / weather checking. I would run them if I carried a spare, but am just replacing them for wheel commonality with the Jeep.

If I was selling the whole thing locally, I would probably list at $300 and take offers north of $240 or so, maybe lower depending on my mood that day.

If you are looking just for some parts, make me an offer, and cover the shipping, or have someone pick up in Fresno.

I’m not in any rush, my new parts come in this week so nothing is available until next week at least. If you happen to be passing through with a trailer, we can probably install everything here in my driveway in less than an hour, plus an hour to BS about trailers.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Hahahaha! I may have just learned a $200 lesson in the “get what you pay for category”...

My cheap Amazon (Southwest Wheel) hub drums arrived with the bearings packed loose inside a bag and one of them is crushed by a hub.

and...

I didn’t pay attention to all the dimensions on Spidertrax spacers. They don’t work with the trailer hub, so now it is machine these or buy custom or run somehow without.

Decisions suck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior