WTB, Wrappon green toilet

I don't completely disagree. We justified dry flush by the fact that we only use it when in crowded areas. $1 per flush is more motivation to dig a hole. But since the purchase I have learned that packing out in foil bags may become a requirement in the USA anyway due to eco damage from cat holes and crowded parks (See article link below). Forest service may start providing them. Not sure what people do with compost since the process takes a while. Anyway, my wife could not get her head around the compost thing. Mexican culture is vastly different.

Outdoor Poop Etiquette is Changing

clydeps

Not sure what people do with compost since the process takes a while.
Composting toilets, at least the RV kind, don't really compost, since full composting takes 12 months or more, but since you only have to empty them every month or two it's easy to schedule that when waste disposal facilities are available, and in the meantime the contents are completely inoffensive.

I kind of get why somone might be cautious about composting toilets, but once you've used one you realise it's a total game changer.

Composting toilets, at least the RV kind, don't really compost, since full composting takes 12 months or more, but since you only have to empty them every month or two it's easy to schedule that when waste disposal facilities are available, and in the meantime the contents are completely inoffensive.

I kind of get why somone might be cautious about composting toilets, but once you've used one you realise it's a total game changer.
Thank you for that friendly reply and explanation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier