WTB winch 8000lb or greater

scrubber3

Not really here
That's right a winch that I can use on my new winch bumper. I don't need a $1000 Warn winch though. Just a nice working winch with all parts. I have $150 bucks for one. So if you have a winch but need the money, let me know.

EDIT Found one and installed it today. Got a 9000lb Winch with a 2 year warranty for 299. SCORE! I know some folks don't like HF stuff but this thing has gotton rave reviews and I used it today. It worked flawlessly.

Last edited:

Ranger4x4dr

Observer
Smittybilt Winch deals found

I don't have a used one for sale but I found these deals on new Smittybilt XRC Winches with no tax & free shipping. I purchased the XRC10 w/wire rope for $359.99 for my '91FJ80. The XRC8 w/wire rope $269.99, XRC12 w/wire rope $449.99. The XRC8 with synthetic rope $404.99, XRC10 w/synthetic rope $494.99. I don't know your vehicles weight but recommended you get one that's at least one and a half times your vehicles GVWR. The online store is streetsideauto.com and enter "SMARTSHOPPER" for the coupon code to get the deals I've listed. Sales tax will likely be charged in Kansas as they are out of Kansas City, KS.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I don't have a used one for sale but I found these deals on new Smittybilt XRC Winches with no tax & free shipping. I purchased the XRC10 w/wire rope for $359.99 for my '91FJ80. The XRC8 w/wire rope $269.99, XRC12 w/wire rope $449.99. The XRC8 with synthetic rope $404.99, XRC10 w/synthetic rope $494.99. I don't know your vehicles weight but recommended you get one that's at least one and a half times your vehicles GVWR. The online store is streetsideauto.com and enter "SMARTSHOPPER" for the coupon code to get the deals I've listed. Sales tax will likely be charged in Kansas as they are out of Kansas City, KS.

These are the same winches that Harbor Freight sells under a different name, with the 20% off coupon you can walk out with the 9k winch for about $300 http://www.harborfreight.com/catalo...ory=&CatPath=All+Products////UserSearch=winch

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I hope you are never needing to rely on your winch...at that price its just good for poseur material... spend the money and get something you KNOW will work in your time of needs..Having said that I just picked up a Husky Superwinch (craigslist find) for $100 that looked like it was going to need a full rebuild...pulled it apart to overhaul it and it was perfect...needed 2 new solenoids and I sprung for new covers...$300 and i have a $2500 winch...good luck..

colodak

Adventurer
If you have a 4 wheel parts in your area, they have a sale on all winches at present. Smittybilt and Milemarker 8K for under $400.

scrubber3

Not really here
Found one and installed it today. Got a 9000lb Winch with a 2 year warranty for 299. SCORE! I know some folks don't like HF stuff but this thing has gotton rave reviews and I used it today. It worked flawlessly.

Thanks for the suggestions and what not. I am happy with my purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles