WTB: Used pair of Hella 500 driving lights

Andy G

Adventurer
Got any Hella 500 or 500FF driving lights you don't want/need anymore?

Shoot me a PM! I want 'em!

Spicy

sionnach

Observer
hey dude -
not sure if you want any new ones, but there is a group buy happening for HID converted 500, 500ff or Black magic.

take a look at clubfrontier or clubxterra

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
I have a pair of 500's (no covers though)...I haven't removed the wiring or switch yet. Do you need the whole setup, or just the lights themselves?

4xdog

Explorer
I've used Hella 500 fog lights for years. They're small enough to fit where I want them, and give a beam pattern I like.

They're *not* the most durable lights I've ever used, unfortunately. The plastic housings (polypropylene?) weather kind of strongly, turning white-ish and rougher over a few years. The lamps themselves will sometimes corrode on the backside where the protective coating seems to have a tendency to be worn away where it contacts the housing, or just plain cracks with age. I've never had a problem with the reflectors.

I end up replacing mine every five years or so. I'd check carefully than any "redeployed" set isn't too worn. They're not that expensive new if one hunts for bargains or looks on eBay.

Last edited:

Andy G

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies / offers. Trying to work out something with someone from here right now, if that falls through I'll let ya know.

For the record, I've only used Hella 500s - both driving and fogs - and have never had issues. For the price, it's hard to beat 'em!

alexfm

Explorer
I'm not sure what your price range is, but I got my 500's on Amazon, 64.59 a pair. Just a thought for ya. I havent wired mine yet, but I like em. :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online