WTB Rear Tire Carrier and/or Rear Jerry Can Holder - Land Rover LR3

gabrielef

Looking for an option for my full size spare tire, as it no longer fits under the vehicle.

A jerry can holder (or two) would be fantastic.

03Evan

Tactical rovers makes a rear bumper that can do both.

I just installed a terrafirma tire carrier on my factory bumper. It was around $900. Voyager makes one too.

You probably aren’t going to find many used ones, as they are pretty permanent.
ccc03abe6f18cac6ea29c473295e7d40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gabrielef

Tactical rovers makes a rear bumper that can do both.

I just installed a terrafirma tire carrier on my factory bumper. It was around $900. Voyager makes one too.

You probably aren’t going to find many used ones, as they are pretty permanent.
ccc03abe6f18cac6ea29c473295e7d40.jpg

I love the Terrafirma one, where did you get it for $900?

I've also looked at the tactical Rovers setup, and it's about $2800 after I add all the options haha

Trooper1276

I love the Terrafirma one, where did you get it for $900?

I've also looked at the tactical Rovers setup, and it's about $2800 after I add all the options haha
I just bought a Terrafirma Tire Carrier this week. I think it will be the best fit for me. I was going to go with the Voyager carrier but I haven't had good communication with them with some questions I had. I have also heard that the latch isn't that great. I bought my Terrafirma from Lucky8 off road. It was $1100.00 USD Shipped.

03Evan

Mine was around 900 plus shipping. I bought a bunch of stuff from lucky 8 so I got a little discount on it.

tdhunter13

Observer
Hey @gabrielef did you end up going with any specific option for tire carrier?

@03Evan , How has the Terrafirma held up over the last year or so that you have had it?

I am currently deciding between the TF or a TR bumper and modifying it similar to how @Victory_Overland has. My biggest hold up with the TF is that it uses bushings as the pivot and not bearings. Further the female/receiving end is on the bottom/bracket side and the male end/spindle is on the swingarm, which has been a MAJOR downfall (corrosion) to the Voyager that I have currently. So curious to see what you guys chose and have faired.

Thanks,
Tyler

krick3tt

Adventurer
I have had the TR swing away tire carrier for several years with no issues. No corrosion and no misalignment. I grease the fitting every year for smooth operation. I did not get the petrol can swing away for my LR as I carry the petrol cans under the vehicle in the space that was dedicated to the spare. That arrangement has been working for me for several years.
Have not seen the TF arrangement so cannot comment on it.

03Evan

Hey @gabrielef did you end up going with any specific option for tire carrier?

@03Evan , How has the Terrafirma held up over the last year or so that you have had it?

I am currently deciding between the TF or a TR bumper and modifying it similar to how @Victory_Overland has. My biggest hold up with the TF is that it uses bushings as the pivot and not bearings. Further the female/receiving end is on the bottom/bracket side and the male end/spindle is on the swingarm, which has been a MAJOR downfall (corrosion) to the Voyager that I have currently. So curious to see what you guys chose and have faired.

Thanks,
Tyler

Still works great! Only issue is that the bolts are too long, so you need some rubber spacers to make the spare wheel fit tight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior