WTB Off-Road Trailer ~$15,000

12/1 update - found a great trailer and no longer looking. Thanks to thosr that reached out.

I'm wanting to buy a true off-road capable teardrop style trailer. Leaning towards a teardrop style or even larger (opus, black series, etc) travel trailer style if it's the right set-up and price.

Must haves:

1. Pressurized water tank with instant hot water
2. Off-grid power system with fridge/freezer
3. Insulated/set-up for cold weather camping
4. Roof rack

I'm a cash/cashier's check buyer, wanting to purchase in the next few weeks. I know I'm probably on the low end of the market value but hoping someone has a used trailer and want to make a quick and easy deal. Located in Central California but I'm making a couple cross country road trips in the coming weeks and not against a detour. Negotiable on price to some extent but ideally looking to spend ~$15,000 or less since it will get up pretty good offroad. Please let me know if you have something available.

Last edited:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader

Nice set-up! ow would/does that perform on rough terrain?
Thanks you. That looks like a very nice build but I'm not sure it is as off-road capable with its suspension, height and weight as I'm looking for.

Hotfoot

I'm wanting to buy a true off-road capable trailer. Leaning towards a teardrop style but not against the trailer/RTT setup or even larger travel trailer style if it's the right set-up and price.

Must haves:

4. Roof rack

I'm a cash/cashier's check buyer, wanting to purchase in the next few weeks. I know I'm probably on the low end of the market value but hoping someone has a used trailer and want to make a quick and easy deal. Located in Central California but I'm making a couple cross country road trips in the coming weeks and not against a detour. Negotiable on price but ideally looking to spend ~$15,000 or less. Please let me know if you have something available.

Sent you a PM

Thehaymon5

Maybe in the market to sell mine (or trade trailer for Ursa Minor J30 and some cash). Most of our camping is me and my son. Trailer has a ton of features and I’ll probably forget some: dexter axles with TJ hubs, spacers to mount AEV Savegre wheels and 35 inch BFG KM2 tires, Dometic CFX50 fridge, 30 gallon water tank and pump, two 110 AH batteries, solar charger and 25 watt panel, 2000 watt inverter, 2000 watt generator, 5000 btu a/c, lights, ARB 2500x2500 awning with awning room, Smittybilt XL tent (on coffee table hinge to raise up when opened) and annex, table, 4 chairs, stove, sink, in line water heater, storage containers, Mr Buddy heater, high lift jack, ax, shovel, rake 20lb. Propane tank and 5 gallon gas can, etc. price close to where you want to be. Located in central Louisiana. Cannot get photos to upload, but can email.

Maybe in the market to sell mine (or trade trailer for Ursa Minor J30 and some cash). Most of our camping is me and my son. Trailer has a ton of features and I’ll probably forget some: dexter axles with TJ hubs, spacers to mount AEV Savegre wheels and 35 inch BFG KM2 tires, Dometic CFX50 fridge, 30 gallon water tank and pump, two 110 AH batteries, solar charger and 25 watt panel, 2000 watt inverter, 2000 watt generator, 5000 btu a/c, lights, ARB 2500x2500 awning with awning room, Smittybilt XL tent (on coffee table hinge to raise up when opened) and annex, table, 4 chairs, stove, sink, in line water heater, storage containers, Mr Buddy heater, high lift jack, ax, shovel, rake 20lb. Propane tank and 5 gallon gas can, etc. price close to where you want to be. Located in central Louisiana. Cannot get photos to upload, but can email.

I sent you a private message with my email. Thanks

Thanks to those that reached out. We are still looking for the right fit for us. Tow vehicle is a power wagon so have decided to focus our search on a teardrop style trailer or larger since we have the tow capacity.

Have a couple big multi-week trips coming up in a so if we don't find something in the next month or so we will probably hold off on buying until next year. If anyone has a used off-road teardrop with the following let me know:

4. Roof rack

Thanks

One last bump. Willing to go up to $20k for an off-road teardrop that has the following:

1. Pressurized water tank with instant hot water heater
3. Insulated/set-up for cold weather camping w/heater
4. Roof rack

Cash buyer. Need to buy in the next couple of weeks. If I don't find something soon, then I'll just make due with my truck tent for my upcoming trips and will just hold off a couple years to let prices come down and inventory build up.

Found a nice deal on a 2020 Teardrop NW commander! Tows like it's not even there behind my power wagon. Should be perfect for my backcountry adventures and it hits all my needs!

Posting this to close out the post and for motivation for those looking as I was getting pretty discouraged. Inventory for off-road teardrops is low, prices are high but deals are out there if you are patient and move quickly when one pops up! Excited to get some trips in it soon and to finally get off the ground and out of a tent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles