WTB: Nissan Frontier or Toyota Tacoma

schmittie120

I have been looking for a Nissan Frontier/ Toyota Tacoma in either Access/king cab or 4 door long bed configurations for the past several months without any luck. I will Be using the truck to tow my 13ft fiberglass camper (2200 lbs loaded) and trips throughout the western US and Mexico.

4WD is mandatory. Lowest mileage possible. Trim levels are not all that important to me. Auto transmission is preferred so my wife can feel comfortable driving and towing. Budget is 17k and I am willing to travel for the right deal. I am located in San Diego.

I am also open to suggestions of other vehicles to look at. Just needs to be a truck as I Don’t have room for another trailer and need to bed for other activities.

Appreciate your help

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler

Here’s a great Frontier for you.....in SoCal too...all you have to do is help the guy sell his camper off of it first!

Last edited:

schmittie120

Here’s a great Frontier for you.....in SoCal too...all you have to do is help the guy sell his camper off of it first!

That would be a perfect fit. But I don’t need/want an outfitter camper. Thanks for be help.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
That would be a perfect fit. But I don’t need/want an outfitter camper. Thanks for be help.

No, no, no, no ? the point was....if this guy can sell his camper separately, his nice Frontier will then be available.

While his first ad indicated he wasn’t interested in selling the truck and camper separately, I found a second posting where he’d dropped that from his ad. The longer this combo sits unsold, the stronger his desire to split up the sale should be.

Sooooo...if someone expressed interest in buying just the camper, and he knew he also had an interested truck buyer...? Then, ?

Last edited:

schmittie120

No, no, no, no ? the point was....if this guy can sell his camper separately, his nice Frontier will then be available.

While his first ad indicated he wasn’t interested in selling the truck and camper separately, I found a second posting where he’d dropped that from his ad. The longer this combo sits unsold, the stronger his desire to split up the sale should be.

Sooooo...if someone expressed interest in buying just the camper, and he knew he also had an interested truck buyer...? Then, ?

Got it. Thanks for pointing that out.

RangeDrive

Observer
I have a high mileage ( 340k ) well maintained taco of your interested

Attachments

• A83D8923-59E8-4A74-BF8C-03A7119E200A.jpeg
    A83D8923-59E8-4A74-BF8C-03A7119E200A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 106

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler

This nice, low mile, Central Cali one comes pretty darn close....but is just a bit over your budget. Long bed, crew cab, etc.

He’s had it for sale for 4 weeks and has finally dropped the price a bit, so who knows? Maybe it’s finally a softer price and you can get it dropping down another grand?

Good Luck....this combo is pretty hard to find.

schmittie120

This nice, low mile, Central Cali one comes pretty darn close....but is just a bit over your budget. Long bed, crew cab, etc.

He’s had it for sale for 4 weeks and has finally dropped the price a bit, so who knows? Maybe it’s finally a softer price and you can get it dropping down another grand?

Good Luck....this combo is pretty hard to find.

This looks like a great option. Thank you!

Update: no movement on his sale price and I have a firm limit of 17k. Still looking

Last edited:

rcansley

@schmittie120 - If you're open to manual, I'm open to chat price!

schmittie120

@schmittie120 - If you're open to manual, I'm open to chat price!

Holding out for an automatic for my wife. Will keep you in mind as the search progresses

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
You probably saw this article here, but if not, here’s something to inspire your continued searching:

The Destination Frontier
Scott Brady / August 19th, 2019

Good Luck

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
How about this one?
F84477C9-42FB-4A49-A5CF-DB720D2FE997.png

schmittie120

How about this one?
View attachment 536790
That looks good. I am also going to look at a gen 1 tundra today with 65k on the odometer .

But I will definitely be contacting the above seller as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94