WTB: Natos or 5-spokes

THALLIHAN

Hey Guys,

Figure I'd post up in here to make it easier.

1997 Discovery

Looking for a set of 4 or 5 black natos with our without tires. Also thinking about a set of 5-spoke steelies silver or black. Located and southern California but will pay for shipping.

THALLIHAN AT GMAIL

Last edited:

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
He's probably referring to either Nato(wolf wheels) or 5 spoke disco spare wheels
I'm running the natos(wolfs)
0YcGV46.jpg

And plenty of people have run the disco 5 spokes
26570d1286846652-5-disco-i-steel-wheels-20-lug-nuts-mt5.jpg

Blueboy

Adventurer
Shipping could be interesting yet feel sure Rovers North in VT can hook you up with Wolfs. Give them a call.

Javelinadave

Adventurer
The holiday shopping season is almost upon us and in the past RN has offered free shipping. Lets see if they offer it up again this year.

spikemd

Explorer
Personally, I'd stick with the alloy wheels. Have seen the steelies bend pretty easily while the alloys can take some abuse. Benefit of the steel rims is that you can pound them back if you are in a pinch.

Thon

Personally, I'd stick with the alloy wheels. Have seen the steelies bend pretty easily while the alloys can take some abuse. Benefit of the steel rims is that you can pound them back if you are in a pinch.

If you ever manage to bend a genuine Wolf rim then you will have bigger troubles than just a bent wheel. They are called "Wolf" because they were fitted to the military XD Wolf Defenders and they are a super-strong steel rim. They weigh an absolute ton. The first time I loaded one on the back door of my 110 I thought a) that I was going to do myself in and b) that the back door was going to be beaten to death carrying this monster.

I was right on both counts ...

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
If you ever manage to bend a genuine Wolf rim then you will have bigger troubles than just a bent wheel. They are called "Wolf" because they were fitted to the military XD Wolf Defenders and they are a super-strong steel rim. They weigh an absolute ton. The first time I loaded one on the back door of my 110 I thought a) that I was going to do myself in and b) that the back door was going to be beaten to death carrying this monster.

I was right on both counts ...

They're like quarter inch steel.... I would tend to agree with you. They weight 38lbs IIRC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles