WTB: Montero Gen 3 or 2.5

Looking to buy a decent Montero Gen 2.5 or 3 to do a off-road build. I want a nice starting point, also interested in built rigs.

I am in Colorado but ok with shipping or driving it back home.

Will be a partial daily driver and mostly a fun-road-trip rig.

Hit me with anything!

Cheers!

Onyok

Have you found what you are lookin for …
I have a decent 2000 Mitsubishi Montero with Winter Package.

Message me …

Last edited:

Assassin

Have you found what you are lookin for …
I have a decent 2000 Mitsubishi Montero with Winter Package.
You have a 2000? If the OP isn't interested I have a friend looking for a Montero as well.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Onyok

You have a 2000? If the OP isn't interested I have a friend looking for a Montero as well.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Hello Assassin.

Sorry! My mistake. I checked my DMV Registration and It is a 1999 Model Winter Package. Thank you for your reply. I will keep you in mind. Where can I send Private Message to you and your Friend.

Last edited:

Onyok

They never made a 2000 Montero “winter package” afaik, winter package consisted of heated leather seats and a rear locker, no rear locker on the 2000, only 1998 and 1999. Having owned every generation of monteros, 3rd gen is the way to go if going to be a daily as well, way better highway manners, and IFS/IRS is amazing when setup properly, unless your planning to do some crawling then gen 2’s a bit better. I think 3rd gen xls are the ticket instead of a Limited, they come stock with 4.9 gearing and most are LSD, the 4 speed tranny is less finicky than the 5 spd, and they have a mechanical xfer case instead of a faux electronic shifter another failure point, they have a bit less power and no heated leather seats tho. I love mine! And if you’re patient you can get ‘em crazy cheap!
52644443341_60894cb072_k.jpg

Sorry I just check my DMV Registration. You were right! ?

My Year Model is 1999 and Not 2000 my mistake! It has an Orange Sticker Caution Warning For Rear Differential Lock, R/D Lock Switch, Front Seats Heater Working and With Tow Hook. Defintely a Winter Package. Thank you for your info.

By the Way you have a great set-up.
I Love it! ?✨

Last edited:

Onyok

Here is my 1999 Mitsubishi Montero.

Attachments

• 04CA12E3-EF23-45C9-9308-B21B706B2C8E.jpeg
    04CA12E3-EF23-45C9-9308-B21B706B2C8E.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 4

Onyok

The OP already bought a Montero, you should throw it around on the Facebook Montero groups, lots of people looking for 2.5's there.
Thank you! ?
I really have’nt decided if I should keep or her let Go.
She does Not give me any problem.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94