WTB - Mitsubishi SR Front and Rear (locking) Differential

Elloinfocus

Hello. I am building up my 2nd Gen Montero LS. Was hoping to locate a set of differentials so I can run 33s comfortably and safely. All the help to locate one would be great. Thanks for your time and happy trails!

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Do you have the 3.0 (6G72) or 3.5 (6G74) engine? The two dictate the rear differential size, either 9.0 inch or 9.5 inch ring gear. The standard LS gear ratio should be 4.272 (ish)? The SR parts will not be vastly different at 4.636. In both cases, your Montero will already accommodate 33 inch tires without a sweat.

Elloinfocus

Do you have the 3.0 (6G72) or 3.5 (6G74) engine? The two dictate the rear differential size, either 9.0 inch or 9.5 inch ring gear. The standard LS gear ratio should be 4.272 (ish)? The SR parts will not be vastly different at 4.636. In both cases, your Montero will already accommodate 33 inch tires without a sweat.

@rxinhed Thanks for the reply. I have the 3.0.

While heading to a local "pick your part" for front seats, I located a 94 SR with both differentials still intact. The P.Y.P. will be removing them completely for me (as in complete solid rear axle (locker) assembly and front pumpkin). Is it as easy to bolt straight into my LS or would i need to locate some parts to complete this transformation?

Also, is there a write-up somewhere that would help wire up the rear locker or would can I just have a manual switch to control it myself?

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
All bolt in arrangement. Get the air pump and harnesses under the rear seat, harness and switch from the console.

Several write-ups available. I know of threads on 4x4wire.com, and there may be some on the Mitsubishi page here.

Bonus for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94