WTB homemade tear drop

osinrider04

Observer
I’m looking for someone selling a homemade Offroad trailer. Sold the RTT and want to go a different route. Let me know what you got! I’m in fairfax, VA but can travel to pick up the right TD!

osinrider04

Observer
Price I'm willing to pay depends on what the tear drop already has done to it, but in reality I'm looking for something <$5k. Ideally I'm searching for something that has a good base built but needs to be finished so that I can add my finishes to it (ie, water, electricity, kitchen/galley). Would be nice to find a frame that has been built for wheeling and an interior created.

I'm also going to expand my WTB search to include trailers or AT habitats/flippacs (would pay more for these obviously). I had a RTT for many years but just had a kid so now we are a party of 3 so I'm trying to find something a bit more logical than a 2 person soft top RTT.

DhBear

I'm selling one in Denver if your still looking

The Artisan

Adventurer
Price I'm willing to pay depends on what the tear drop already has done to it, but in reality I'm looking for something <$5k. Ideally I'm searching for something that has a good base built but needs to be finished so that I can add my finishes to it (ie, water, electricity, kitchen/galley). Would be nice to find a frame that has been built for wheeling and an interior created.

I'm also going to expand my WTB search to include trailers or AT habitats/flippacs (would pay more for these obviously). I had a RTT for many years but just had a kid so now we are a party of 3 so I'm trying to find something a bit more logical than a 2 person soft top RTT.
I have something coming out you might you be interested in. 4 foot frp pod kits that pop up to 8 feet with a hard sided full poptopper. I have a 7 x 57" deck I had planned to make a trailer with with timberen axless 3500s. A bit higher than the 5k budget but with my design it can sleep 3. If you did not want the poptopper I could make you a frp composite teardrop shell with the 14ga exocage.
Kevin

osinrider04

Observer
I have something coming out you might you be interested in. 4 foot frp pod kits that pop up to 8 feet with a hard sided full poptopper. I have a 7 x 57" deck I had planned to make a trailer with with timberen axless 3500s. A bit higher than the 5k budget but with my design it can sleep 3. If you did not want the poptopper I could make you a frp composite teardrop shell with the 14ga exocage.
Kevin
Do you have any pictures of what you're selling? I tried looking up your site (eztopper.com) but I get redirected to an invalid URL.

The Artisan

Adventurer
Do you have any pictures of what you're selling? I tried looking up your site (eztopper.com) but I get redirected to an invalid URL.
Sorry yes not in production so site is not up.
So basically it would be an empty shell mounted on a trailer any height you want or with a topper as shown. Prices are more for full size shells.
Kevin

osinrider04

Observer
Sorry yes not in production so site is not up.
So basically it would be an empty shell mounted on a trailer any height you want or with a topper as shown. Prices are more for full size shells.
Kevin
Hard-sided pop up camper shells are a great idea. I've looked at the GFC, AT Habitat, and the Snap Treehouse. All have great designs as well. Is the difference between the $5900 and $4900 that one pops up vertically whereas the other is a tilt up frame (similar to clamshell RTT)?

Also curious if these are being designed with specific trucks in mind or more universal. I have a 2013 shortbed tacoma FWIW.

The Artisan

Adventurer
Hard-sided pop up camper shells are a great idea. I've looked at the GFC, AT Habitat, and the Snap Treehouse. All have great designs as well. Is the difference between the $5900 and $4900 that one pops up vertically whereas the other is a tilt up frame (similar to clamshell RTT)?

Also curious if these are being designed with specific trucks in mind or more universal. I have a 2013 shortbed tacoma FWIW.
Universal kits that fit on just about anything. Yes you can buy a topper by itself or my truck kit. Flatbed pricing depends on the size. Basically offering a ikea idea camper. $4,900 is the topper only.
$5900 adds the lower section for trucks.
Tilt out windows are an added cost. It does come with a bifold door that expands when popped up.
All will be intro pricing.
The teardrop I have in mind has a fold down 24 x 32" shower pull, sink and pullout composting toilet, reused 40 gallon water system utilizing 3 filter and 12v uv [for shower and sink. full size couch and tilt up queen bed. Of course cost goes up outfitted. Only tilt up I will have is a rtt option utilizing the same design. All toppers are 48" full like a fwc.
Kevin
20190711_000932.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles