WTB - FWC or other camper for 1980 Toyota Longbed Pickup

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
I have a 1st Gen Toyota, looking for a decent condition Four Wheel Camper or other to fit the 8ft bed. Not sure which model fits the 8ft bed but I’m sure its something they haven’t made it many years. In the PNW but willing to travel for the right deal.

64c656fc98071703da3c04846bcff2dc.jpg
f2fff6a81a2f933cd0d02ce26a5d0563.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super nice early truck! Just FYI, the long bed is not quite 8’, more like 7’ and small change. We called them 7 footers when I was in the biz. Had to wait until the T100 came out to get a full 8’ bed.

Would love to see a cool little camper on that, though. Would be a nice way to mosey across some country.

Steve

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
nice truck. how about something like a gofast (diy) follow on IG @83mmax

Not a fan of the GFC. I live in the very wet and cold PNW, want something with more insulation. If I went the wedge camper route it would be with the AT Overland Summit or the Vagabond Outdoors Drifter.

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
What about the weight of a FWC ? think your truck will move (power) with it on ?

Right now it’s got the still running factory 20r, but the next mod will be a motor swap. I have a set of FZJ80 elocker axles waiting for rebuild to be slung under the truck.

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Bump! Any campers out there or even FWC shell models that’ll fit my Toyotasaurus?

Sunlite1995

We have an older SunLite that would fit that cool looking truck.

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
I don’t have that app, so can’t view the photos. Could you PM them to me perhaps?

Buckshot62

Observer
I believe the FWC Fleet model (the old one made in the 80's, don't know anything about the new fleets ) is the one to fit your long bed Toyota. See them for sale occasionally.

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Bump! Anybody have a longbed FWC for sale that will fit this? Willing to travel to scoop it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles