WTB: FIRST GEN TACOMA WITH FOUR WHEEL CAMPER OR FLIPPAC/HABITAT

THALLIHAN

hmm not sure why it says new member, been here since 2015.

at the title states: looking for a first gen crew cab Tacoma with a four wheel camper already installed or a flippac/habitat.

4x4 or 2wd. located in California but willing to travel.

If interested, I have a fully built/armored 100 series land cruiser to trade plus cash, but can also buy the Tacoma out right.

Last edited:

TheSweatyButcher

Adventurer
Edit:I always get mixed up if a crew cab is 2 or 4 doors.

I have been thinking about selling my 2002 tacoma with 170,000 miles. Warn winch, arb front locker with rear E locker. The camper cap is a ARE DCU with built in tool boxes with side acces. Let’s you store tons of stuff in the sides. ARB RTT (without rain fly), shower skirt, side awning with room. Truck runs great body is not perfect frame is solid. Main issue is the bed is starting to fall apart.

The camper is hand painted...you either love it or hate it. I get tons of thumbs up and complements.

Located in Kansas.

Attachments

• 2E7A3A20-ADA3-4E20-9E9F-49EB661D50AA.jpeg
    2E7A3A20-ADA3-4E20-9E9F-49EB661D50AA.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 385

tran90265

Observer
Whats your price range I have a the exact set up all built out I don't really want to sell but for the right price I can get into a Troopy. My taco has a flippac, super charged, and 5 speed conversion to name some of the big items

THALLIHAN

Edit:I always get mixed up if a crew cab is 2 or 4 doors.

Yeah sorry man definitely need double cab/crew cab. I have 2 kids and definitely need that space.

Located in Kansas.
Look up usedfourwheelcamper on instagram. They just posted that exact setup in California

yep I follow them and check daily. I found a four wheel fleet model that looks good for 11k. about a few hours north of me...but no truck to put it so I cant buy it.

Whats your price range I have a the exact set up all built out I don't really want to sell but for the right price I can get into a Troopy. My taco has a flippac, super charged, and 5 speed conversion to name some of the big items

if you want to sell to fund a troopy….then it sounds out of my price range haha. I'm trying to stay below 20k. for the total package. I figure a stock Tacoma for about 10, then I can hunt aroun for a flippac for 3 that's empty, or maybe one for around 6-7 that is somewhat built up? or I could find a four wheel camper that's a few years old for 10k.

tran90265

Observer
Fair enough haha. If you find a rig I am most likely going to sell my flippac soon, would love to have it go to a good home

MicahE

Fair enough haha. If you find a rig I am most likely going to sell my flippac soon, would love to have it go to a good home
Hi there, I'm in the market for a Flippac in good/excellent shape for my 2001 Tundra AC with a ~6.5'L x 5.5'W bed. I live in Oregon but will consider driving out of state for the right deal. Let me know.

aequitas3

I'm a truck…
I'm trying to stay below 20k. for the total package. I figure a stock Tacoma for about 10, then I can hunt aroun for a flippac for 3 that's empty, or maybe one for around 6-7 that is somewhat built up? or I could find a four wheel camper that's a few years old for 10k.
I wish you the best of luck. Tacoma's in and around California are severely marked up, especially the 4x4 and 4-door Double Cabs. That, plus trying to find the super-rare short-bed version of the Flippac and hoping that someone will sell it as a package? I had exactly what you are looking for until January when I sold the 2015 mint condition Flippac to a guy in Texas who drove all the way out to SF to pick it up and pay $5k cash. I'm not and wasn't looking to sell, but it would have taken at least $30k to walk away from the truck with Flippac (2003, TRD, rebuilt engine and transmission, all maintenance done, full OME suspension with AAL, etc).

Tacoma's outside of CA/AZ and other rust-free or minimal places usually are in bad condition and I wouldn't bother unless you want to spend the money for someone to replace the frame or if you do it yourself. There was a recall on them for the frames rotting when used in "severe cold climate areas with high road salt use".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles