WTB disco

jerdog53

Explorer
I am looking for a Disco for my dad, he is willing to spend in the mid teens for a few years old with low miles disco that will last him as long as he is still able to drive. This will be his retirement vehicle so the most bang for the buck and longevity is a must. He is in Colorado and I in NM so a western location would be best. Send me your links and information and i will pass them along any help will be greatly appreciated.

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
jerdog53 said:
I am looking for a Disco for my dad, he is willing to spend in the mid teens for a few years old with low miles disco that will last him as long as he is still able to drive. This will be his retirement vehicle so the most bang for the buck and longevity is a must. He is in Colorado and I in NM so a western location would be best. Send me your links and information and i will pass them along any help will be greatly appreciated.

Is your Dad looking for a Discovery to fix up or keep as-is and do the occasional off roading? Discover I's are plentiful, mechanically simple, and cheap but will usually require a some work.

IMO for someone that isn't going to do too much (if at all) remote off-roading the 2004 Discovery II represents the best of bunch. Largest motor (4.6L), a more refined interior, good lighting, factory CDL, and solid axles to name a few. Does it matter if the truck has seven seats or dual sunroofs?

Colorado

Mildly Modified 04

Dealer Discovery

Arizona

Silver 04

04 w/ Hannibal Rack and RTT

Los Angeles

04 SE

G4 Challenge Edition Not sure if the direct link will work. If it doesn't look here for the G4 Special Trek Edition for Sale.

jerdog53

Explorer
Thanks All!

It will be a daily driver pavement road trip with an occasional mild off road trip so I will look for an 04 Disco II for him, I did a little looking around on craigs list last night and there is quite a few in the greater Denver area but being a Jeep man I need some help from you LR guys so thanks!

:1888fbbd:

seriessearcher

Adventurer
I would suggest another vehicle

I have owned three used Disco's All of them dealer certified, all of them spent a lot of time back at the dealer. If he does not mind the expense of upkeep, the high price of gas, and the frequent trips to the dealer then this is the vehicle for him.

I hate to bash the oval as I have 2 Series rigs, but there was a running joke about needing to take me by the dealership to pick up my car at work.

I did not wheel it, I just drove it, so it was not trail damage. I know there are lots of Disco's out there without problems, I have never met one of their owners in person. I only met them at the shop reception area.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
jerdog53 said:
Thanks All!

It will be a daily driver pavement road trip with an occasional mild off road trip so I will look for an 04 Disco II for him, I did a little looking around on craigs list last night and there is quite a few in the greater Denver area but being a Jeep man I need some help from you LR guys so thanks!

:1888fbbd:

The 04 is the ideal Disco because you can still get them with low miles, a warranty, and they don't seem to have many issues.

seriessearcher said:
I have owned three used Disco's All of them dealer certified, all of them spent a lot of time back at the dealer. If he does not mind the expense of upkeep, the high price of gas, and the frequent trips to the dealer then this is the vehicle for him.

I hate to bash the oval as I have 2 Series rigs, but there was a running joke about needing to take me by the dealership to pick up my car at work.

I did not wheel it, I just drove it, so it was not trail damage. I know there are lots of Disco's out there without problems, I have never met one of their owners in person. I only met them at the shop reception area.

My 2 cents.

It happens. Mine truck has been a peach if it makes any difference. As far as the Disco I's go (94-99) they can be money pits. Land Rovers need preventative maintenence and the majority of D1's have had multiple owners who ususally didn't keep up with them. I have heard from quite a few people that the 97-98 Discos were among the best made (BMW ownership era).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior