WTB: Disco 2 Transmission Oil Pan

Explorer0863

Adventurer
1999 – Disco Series 2: Two weeks ago the front drive shaft busted on me and took the transmission pan with it. I didn’t realize that I had the additional pan damage until I was replacing the drive shaft with a new (to me) that I bought online.

Online search for a use one has come empty. Anyone has an idea of where I can buy a used oil pan? Only AB is showing a new one at a price tag of $399.95.

I am posting this request in several forums hoping to find one ASAP. Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Tony

sedat

Adventurer
Theres 2 disco IIs in the yards here and a few disco 1s. I can grab one and ship it to you. question is, do you want a dipstick or would you wanna keep the original hex bolt fill?

Explorer0863

Adventurer
I need a transmission

Well, the saga continues. Finally found time to replace the oil pan, and one more time, found additional damage. The drive shaft not only took the oil pan with it, but it took the tranny as well. I don't know how I missed this when I was replacing the drive shaft, but I did. Look at the hole in the pictures.

Debating if I'm going to put more money into the Disco or not. It may not be worth it, but I need to make an informed decision.

If you have a tranny for a 99 Disco 2, please PM me the cost, plus shipping to 32750.

Thanks!
Tranny Hole_01.jpgTranny Hole_02.jpgTranny Hole_03.jpg

Explorer0863

Adventurer
Thanks Zack.

I don't think that "roverguy" is in business. I have e-mailed him many times in the past and I never get a reply.

Paul already responded. I have a very good idea of how much money I have to throw at the Disco. Now I have to decide if it's worth the "investment".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior