WTB: Awning

Endeavour Expeditions

Rover Restorer
Just looking for a good deal on an awning, I'm not partial to any particular brand, but I believe I would like at least a 2M long size or better.

I'm located in Wichita Falls, Texas.

Sal R.

Takes work to mount it, but hey, it's $90.

2019-08-12 19_17_09.jpg

7.6x8.2ft Car Side Awning

Last edited:

Sal R.

Can’t beat that!
What work was needed to mount it?

The supplied hardware kinda stink, but I knew that going into it.

Had to fab up some my own brackets for my application. I do this sort of stuff all the time, so it only took me a couple of hours to measure, make, and install.

Here's my mockup/proof of concept. "T" bracket mounting on universal roof rack clamps.
IMG_20190809_085009-84.jpg

Sal R.

How's the quality on that? I sort of want an awning but can't imagine using it enough to spend much money.

Well, you do get what you pay for. This is low end, but provides a decent shade. Used it once with light breeze and it worked out.

Last edited:

inexplorata

Well, you do get what you pay for. This is low end, but provides a decent shade. Used it once with light breeze and it worked out.
This might be up my alley. I have like a half-inch of garage clearance with my rack, so I won't be able to just leave it on all the time, which might help the longevity. Thanks.

Sal R.

Doesn't look any worse than a lot of them I've seen. How's the quality on the protective cover?

I don't have a basis for comparison, but it looks okay, I guess?

If the plan is longevity and sturdiness, this might not be the best choice. As I've said, you get what you pay for with this awning.

For my use and needs, it's just fine.

Sal R.

This might be up my alley. I have like a half-inch of garage clearance with my rack, so I won't be able to just leave it on all the time, which might help the longevity. Thanks.

Yep. I break my setup down when not in use. Takes 15mins to mount back onto the rack when needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94