WTB: 8" Toyota Solid Axle as STOCK as possible in Oregon/NW

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Hey, posted this over on the NW regional section but I thought I'd give it the old shotgun approach...

What I'm looking for:
- As STOCK as possible an 8" Toyota Solid Front Axle (prefer an 84/5) with a standard Low-pinion 3rd /4:10 gears (gears are not a big concern)
- Stock steering would be preferred, (think I'm in trouble if I got to a full Hy-Steer set-up at the ride height I'm going for)
- As close to Portland Oregon as possible...

What I'm NOT looking for (but would possibly be willing to take as long as the steering knuckles haven't been hacked/modded):
A fully trussed, heavily modified, "6-shooter" knuckled, full-hydro, cryo-Birf/Shafted axle that's been modified 6-ways to sunday "exotic" suspensions/link systems.

Several reasons for this, but primarily I don't think I can run a full Hy-Steer'd set-up w/o hacking up my "worth it's weight in gold" 4wd oil Pan (this is for a 1KZ-TE -> 1995 4Runner build I'm doing and getting the right pan/sump strainer alone has been... hard.) I'm building this to be a "close to stock" style solid-axle truck w/ a simple OME lift up front, not a full-blown Crawler and I need the suspension points to still be there for the most part... Spring perches I can fix, ground/cut knuckles... that's getting into more work then I want to do.

So, if you have one, know someone, or know where I could find one (SO frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a way to eliminate years old "For Sale" posts cause I've found a million candidates... posted 5 years ago) I'd be forever grateful for a lead/info and I've got cash burning a hole in my pocket looking for an axle... I'm wiling/have the means to travel and pick it up, but the closer to Portland Oregon the better as shipping can get crazy. I'm also not against paying shipping if it's the right axle.

Cheers

Dave

paranoid56

Adventurer
you can do the highsteer and keep it low. i would really keep that setup the stock push pull setup is soo bad. its a night and day difference when switching to highsteer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier