WTB: 73/74 Series Land Cruiser in the US

irish_11

Explorer
I might have made a horrible mistake, but I sold my FJ40 (childhood dream vehicle) last week to start working on a 73/74 (adulthood dream vehicle), so please help me find one. Looking for your BJ/HZJ 7x-series. What I would ideally like:

• Drive: Left hand preferred. Right would be interesting, but its on the wrong side of the vehicle for where I live
  • Body: not like swiss cheese. I am not afraid of some body rust and work, but I would like to not be able to see daylight through it.
  • Frame: solid. Minor surface rust okay, but I want a solid frame (looking at you East Coast and Canada)
  • Transmission: manual. Give me that sweet h55f action.
  • Motor: Diesels wanted. 3b, 13bt, 1h, 12ht, 1hd, or even a blown/missing engine would be acceptable if the price was right

I am looking for a tinkering project, and am not afraid of putting in some wrench time, but not a full frame off restoration. I did one of those already on my 40 and while it was fun, I am at a place in my life where having a garage full of parts and a rolling frame is not super appealing again, haha.

I am in the Western Washington/Seattle area for shipping and what not, but if I could find one locally that I could see in person that would be even more amazing. I know Land Cruisers are very popular around here, so that might help me.

Not in a rush either, just looking for the right one as a build a new garage to work on it.

Last edited:

Deshet

Adventurer
I have a 1987 BJ74 that will be on the chopping block soon
13BT Turbo diesel
Winch
Removable Top
Power Windows, Door Locks, AC

blacklbzbeauty

May try and reach out to Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters in SLC. He has a lot of contacts in the LC world and may be able to steer you in the right direction. He would also be a good resource for your rebuild.

irish_11

Explorer
May try and reach out to Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters in SLC. He has a lot of contacts in the LC world and may be able to steer you in the right direction. He would also be a good resource for your rebuild.

Thanks, will do. I've worked with him before on parts for my 40. Also reached out to a few other vendors on Mud who import and sounds like with the container shortage its just not a great time right now so I am looking more domestically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles