WTB: 2001 mostly stock LC with toy or lex badge. colorado, but will travel.

herm

Adventurer
A friend has presented me with a challenge, find him an 01 mostly or completely stock LC with L or an oval on the front. He needs an 01 because its the first year for the latch system for car seats. and something about the Dash and it being more simple? i am not and LC guy. educate me on the difference between at 01 and 02? or if there is no difference i can talk to him about it.

anyway, if he found the perfect truck i think he would do what it takes to own it.

lets show him that we can find him the prefect truck.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
nothing? can someone at least confirm the latch info for me?
I think your biggest problem here is asking this group for something mostly stock, I think you may be better off looking for a LC specific forum- just my 2 cents, not trying to be an a**

4Beast

Observer
I have an 05, so I don't know for sure, but the big upgrade year was 03. You can find the info on the year to year changes in the 100 series FAQ section on iH8Mud. Sounds like he's trying to get ATRAC but not the navigation/Climate dash?

whitenoise

Adventurer
2003-05 are the best year 100 series to get, IMO (I may be a bit biased). 03 is the first year with the 5 speed transmission for lower cruise RPMs, better interior ergonomics and a host of other cosmetic stuff which helps for a more updated look. The later VVTi models have slightly better HP/TQ but add another level of complexity and I've read they are interference motors unlike the old one (cannot confirm this though).

herm

Adventurer
I have an 05, so I don't know for sure, but the big upgrade year was 03. You can find the info on the year to year changes in the 100 series FAQ section on iH8Mud. Sounds like he's trying to get ATRAC but not the navigation/Climate dash?
Not the nav dash, but with the latch system for car seats. Haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles