Wtb: 08 Klr650

ZR2nit

Adventurer
My 09 KLR650 Adventure from Day 1- on...

Well I didn't know where else to put this. If anyone knows where a great 08Kawasaki KLR 650 (either in green or red in color) is at let me know. I tired Cycle Trader.com in a 250 mile radius but know of the listings are current. I have called all the local dealers in my area but none of the dealers could get one and told me to wait for the 09's which in my opinion are not that great looking.

I have seen the one for sale in California but if I bought it shipping for it would be a $$$$$. I live in South Alabama. I would like to use this bike as a commuter to and from work and for a little bit of fun.

I don't know maybe someone else will know something in my area that I don't.

Thanks,
ZR2nit

Last edited:

ZR2nit

Adventurer
I have a line on one right now. Its a 08 in Kawi Green with 530.2 miles on it. The place want $5400 for it but I'm going to start my offer at $4500. What do you guys/gals think is my offer reasonable. Can any of you KLR650 owners help me out by telling me what I should be looking for when I go to look at the bike any know problematic spots that should be a give away in not buying the bike.

Thanks,
ZR2nit

Last edited:

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Hltoppr said:
I bet they may come down $500...but not $1K. Isn't a new one about $5500?

-H-

Yeah the I see what your saying. The guy I contacted (also a dealer working at the dealership where the bike is at) told me that he traded it in on a new car but he only got $3500 trade in vaue for it. And he bought it new!!!!

He also said that they will have to make some kind of profit off of it and that there will be taxes, documentation fees, you know the usual crap that delearship try to add to the price. But what throws me off is that the bike is not at a KAWASAKI dealership its at a car dealership and not in my state :smilies27.

I don't know I'm a bit confused any help is apprecaited.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
The 09's will be on dealer floors any day now, MSRP is around $5,400 for a brand new KLR. You may be able to haggle with the dealer a bit too.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Prices on new bikes don't tend to be too negotiable...I don't think the dealerships have that much mark up on 'em to begin with. Maybe try to have a service package or something thrown in....

But...you'll darn near always be able to get $3500 for a KLR....so you really don't lose much in depreciation...even more so once you factor in the fun!

-H-

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Thanks for the help everyone. I have been spending alot of time over on KLR650.net looking and asking questions. I'm going to be calling a dealership thats close to me to see what I can get a new KLR650 in black for out the door.

Wish me Luck!!!

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Getting a new 09 KLR650

Well I just put down a deposit eariler today for my new 09 which is Ebony in color. OTD price for me was $5730 . I think thats awesome considering its only a $131 mark-up. My dealer told me it was going to be late December before he could get one. I was the first one on the list. He told me he had 8 other people call today about the new 09's . 4 of them also out down a desposit. These things are already going like hotcakes.

I do and I don't like the wait. I'm glad about the wait time b/c it will allow me to get my moto license and take the motorcycle safety course (to please my insurance and my wife. Plus it can't hurt me to take it.). Only bad part is that I am super antsy.

805gregg

Adventurer
They are all for sale, some just waiting for the owner to figure it out. Don't spend too much, a good used one with extras is worth between $3,500 and $ 3,800, not much more.

ZR2nit

Adventurer
WOW!!! I just got a call from my dealer and he told me that KAWI is going to release one KLR 650 to my dealership and whatever choice in color they want. And it will be here in a few weeks . After this first one my dealer told me it would be a few more months before he could get another one. Now I think he is yanking my chain but the $5730 OTD price is locked in and will not be changed. So if he is lying then who cares as long as my price doesn't change.

I should have a Ebony 2009 KLR650 by the end of this month .

RedRocker

Adventurer
ZR2nit said:
WOW!!! I just got a call from my dealer and he told me that KAWI is going to release one KLR 650 to my dealership and whatever choice in color they want. And it will be here in a few weeks . After this first one my dealer told me it would be a few more months before he could get another one. Now I think he is yanking my chain but the $5730 OTD price is locked in and will not be changed. So if he is lying then who cares as long as my price doesn't change.

I should have a Ebony 2009 KLR650 by the end of this month .

Be sure and post a pic:bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier