wrong oil filter ?

Total

Hello : I was at the Nissan dealer getting some oil filters for my 2019 Frontier Pro 4X with a 4.0 liter , V6 . He gave me the oil filter 15208-65F0E , is this the correct filter . Just checked the filter that came from the factory it is a 15208-9E01A ?? Will the one the dealer gave me work with this vehicle ? Thanks People .

(none)

Adventurer
Appears to not be for the frontier according to Nissan. It probably has the same threads, just a smaller filter. Return it.

(none)

Adventurer
Interesting question...
I always use whatever filter screws on and matches gasket base (what seems very standarised) and has largest physical size to fit and thus largest oil volume. In my case its FL1 Motorcraft or equivalent NAPA Gold. Which is handy as it fits all my various cars and easy to remember. Several decades now..
Unless somebody can convince me its a bad idea, I wont change.

I think that's fairly logical, as long as you can physically fit the filter in the area. Bypass valve pressure might be a bit different between models, but we aren't working with anything exotic here.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
It's not unusual for a vehicle to come new with a different filter than they recommend later, especially I find with Japanese companies. The corporate structures mean sometimes different parts chains for country, the particular factory and the dealer network. Could also just be a mistake in the catalog your dealer is using for 2019. If the engine hasn't changed check what it was for 2018, that might tell you if it's right or not.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Mobil 1 baby if it’s good enough for porche it’s good enough for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles