Wrong axle received, new axle also received. case closed.

john61ct

Adventurer
eTrailer has *great* CS, well worth their markup, even if you don't go with Timbren.

I would just execute the CC chargeback on the first clownshow, shipping back becomes their problem

high-and-dry

At this point, I finally have confirmed they are sending a correct order over. Lets hope it does not get screwed by the time it goes thru the couple of hands it will touch before dexter gets it. But here we are end of day 4, and I may have another 4 to 6 week wait. With any luck per the below paragraph it might get sped up in the factory, I am not banking on it, just hoping.

I am not very worried about Dexter making a mistake, as I have been in communication with the VP of sales and marketing. He has been very helpful and will be following up with all the people involved all the way back to the beginning to find where the loss of communication started and make sure the problems get taken care of. He is aware of this thread.

old_CWO

Maryland, I spoke to several local shops, I posted that above. Tex trail is the primary reseller, but they wont deal with the public, accounts only and they are also the closest place listed on dexters website.

When I lived in MD about ten years ago Centreville Trailer in Annapolis was helpful, knowledgeable and didn't seem too high on prices. There was also a store in Glen Burnie that didn't suck. Dave's I think it was called. They had a lot of stock on hand for a little place and would usually offer up a discount if I was there in uniform. Nice guys at the counter and it was a cool old school kind of joint in a brick building with grubby VCT floors. My kind of place...

Obviously a lot could have changed since then and those shops might be too far away but I thought it might be some leads for future projects.

old_CWO

I am 1.5 hours from Annapolis, in carroll county almost to the PA

Pretty part of the country you are in, I went camping out that way a few times.

Probably wise to stay away from B'mo (or any big city) right now anyway. People are going crazy.

high-and-dry

Okay update, my talking with dexter has been very beneficial, they have confirmed my order was received and is correct for the specs I want.

Bonus, they are building and shipping the axle next week.

Dexter comes thru with flying colors, lets hope they can get their resellers, one educated on the dexter axles ( they did not know it could be derated ), two fix the comms problems that bend trailers has. I did not contact them to get bumped up the build list, I contacted them about horrible resellers bringing down Dexters name.

high-and-dry

Okay bend trailers called me today, letting me know that they received confirmation of my axle order being received. I did mention in my last email that I found out thru dexter that it was received.

I called them later and they answered the phone... Thats new. I talked to her and informed her that I found out thru my contact ( i never said who it was ) that my axle will be built next week. She said " I know" with a tone in her voice. I said I guess she knew about my comms with dexter, she said yes with the same tone. It was not a bad tone, it just let me know they have been talked to.

I really hope they fix their issues.

high-and-dry

new update, I got a call for the delivery of the new axle, its coming monday. So from order confirmed by dexter to delivered 8 days. I guess reaching out to dexter did something I did not need but appreciate.

also I got a call from bend trailers, they offered to sell me the wrong speced axle for 150 bucks. They where going to take it back and just strip it for parts. I figure for 150 I can either strip it for parts ( brakes, hubs etc ) or build a really heavy duty utility trailer.

high-and-dry

Read above they offered to let me keep it for 150 bucks. I know that means instead of paying 150 to ship it back, they got to make 150 from it.

But it means i paid 150 for spare hubs, brakes bearing for spares or I can build a really heavy duty trailer with a 150 buck axle.

john61ct

Adventurer
There is no way I would pay the shipping back in that situation.

Make them take it back, issue you a Full refund including the initial shipping to you.

They will maybe just give it to you.

high-and-dry

John where did I say I paid to ship it back. They offered to let me pay 150 extra and keep the axle on top of the new correct axle.

I got a replacement axle that was correct, and in less than a week and a half.

Then they offered to let me pay 150 to keep the wrong axle. So I got a correct axle, and to keep the axle that is rated for 3500 lbs for 150 more. Even if I just strip the hubs, brakes, bearings etc I come out ahead. But it means instead of them paying 150 to ship the axle back to them I bought the axle for 150 bucks. They come out better, I get an axle for 150

So thats 2 torflex #10 axles with brakes, one to the specs I want and one that is all the specs I want except rated for 3500 lbs spring rate for a total of 850.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles