Wrist watches for the adventure-minded?

Bravo8Delta

My wife bought me a Luminox Recon Pointman for my birthday 2 years ago, and have proudly worn it almost everyday since. My wife asked me to stop wearing it to bed, because she says "it's to bright at night". The wristband is the only complaint, and I have ordered a nylon replacement.

J!m

Thank you Norm!

Here's some others:
IMG_1952.JPG
Omega Planet Ocean IMG_1956.JPG
The nuke-proof Seiko SKX007J (I have the oyster style bracelet and rubber strap for it as well)IMG_1954.JPG
1972/3 Rolex 1680. The gem of my collection IMG_1955.JPG
My first "good" watch. Purchased in Salzburg, Austria in 1988 or so. Early Tag Heuer with many "Heuer only" marked parts. IMG_1953.JPG
1976 Tudor 9411 blue dial. Very rare and fragile original blue dial. 90% of them were replaced under warranty. Still need a bezel and insert obviously... on a navy blue Isofrane strap.

CSG

Explorer
I usually wear my Rolex Sub or GMT II unless I think I'll be doing something where it'll get beat up. They're rugged watches but I'm not going to beat one to hell either. They're worth a lot more than when I bought them 13 and 18 years ago. My default "beater" watch is a simple Wenger in a somewhat military (read: simple) style.

Halligan

Adventurer
I've been wearing my Seiko 6309-7049 on and off since I purchased it at the age of 13. I had put the watch on layaway at a local jeweler and paid every week, usually about 20 bucks a week until it was paid off. Back then (around 1989) the watch was over $200. I wore it for most of my teenage years then on and off during my 20's. I had other cheaper watches the wife would buy me but the Seiko was always my favorite. Then it was no watch for a few years and relied on the cell phone for time.

A few months ago I put it back in service. The original rubber band was stiff and cracked so I replaced the band. It's a self winding watch that loses a minute a week so every 2-3 weeks I need to adjust the time. Other than that the watch has been bullet proof it's entire life. The back cover has never been off of it. Seiko really hit the ball out of the park with this watch movement and it's been used in other similar Seiko's over the years.

Just wanted to update my previous post by adding my new daily time piece is a Seiko SRP779 that the wife got me this past Christmas (at my request). I've put the old faithful 6309-7049 in the night stand until I can get it tuned up. It started to act up a bit and I feel it needs some internal love. The new watch is really almost a spitting image of my old one except it has the blue/red "Pepsi" bezel. I got a smoking deal on through Kohl's and with some coupons it was under $300 which I think is more than reasonable for this watch. Retail on it is $495 but nobody should be paying that.

1HaytchZed

Anyone know whats up with my Seiko SKX007? It's fast one week, then its slow the following week.... do I need to take it for a cleaning or adjustment etc? I've had it ~8 years, no prior issues.

perterra

Adventurer
Anyone know whats up with my Seiko SKX007? It's fast one week, then its slow the following week.... do I need to take it for a cleaning or adjustment etc? I've had it ~8 years, no prior issues.

Have you ever had it serviced? They recommend every 2 or 3 years I think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online