Wrecked

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Receipts! You can be reimbursed for all of that plus labor. If you're really nit picky, you can even get reimbursed for the fuel in the tank...

Depends on insurance. Some carriers consider almost every modification a "personal preference" item and are only covered in case of theft, not total loss. Be very clear with insurance when asking, some will say it is covered but fail to clarify for theft vs loss etc.

Definitely pursue the salvage buyback. Did that with my former BMW GS, with USAA. Totalled it, bought it back for something like $120 bucks ( very minimal anyway)and parted it out for several thousand, plus I got to keep all my parts I wanted.
That disco and esp the workable 300tdi is worth plenty. Even if you just store it while deployed and sort it later.
Sorry you are having to deal with the loss, but glad all walked away.

merr1ca

Depends on insurance. Some carriers consider almost every modification a "personal preference" item and are only covered in case of theft, not total loss. Be very clear with insurance when asking, some will say it is covered but fail to clarify for theft vs loss etc.

I believe he was referencing maintenance items. He's also not at fault, which sorta gives you a lot more room to negotiate because the at fault driver's insurance company is under pressure to settle.

Bottom line, don't be afraid to play hard ball, especially if you're not the at fault party.

Well everyone final update! After waiting a week the insurance company finally got word back from the folks who research vehicle costs. I came out a lot better than I thought I would. Thanks everyone for your advice and support! I have yet to find out if I can get the truck back to sell the parts, but have a couple interested parties right now.
As for my next ride, I'll probably be getting into a small TDI wagon to get me through the next few months. Sounds like I might be on rotation to Europe in the next six.
Thanks all and safe travels!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior