Wrangler top choice?

Outdoorsben

Observer
I am going to assume that most people prefer a hard top but was curious to see how many soft top explorers are out there. Also, why did you prefer the soft top on your vehicle?

PhulesAU

Explorer
I'run Soft top all of the time! with half doors. Zip the windows out and have the top skin for shade in the Texas sun. 3 minutes is all it takes and morings and at night pop the Sun riders open too.

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Nearing a half century in Jeeps (military and civilian CJ, YJ,TJ, etc.);
Hardtop (w/solid doors) in arctic and sub arctic conditions.
soft tops where it doen't snow
Bikini top above 45 deg. F. for most others.

PKayser

Soft top all of the time. San Francisco doesn't have a summmer but as soon as I cross a bridge I want the top off.

g man

We seasonally change tops and doors. Soft top/no top and half doors go on the first of May. Hard top and full doors go on the first of November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I drove AK-Argentina with a soft top. I really loved the open air feel, though I had to build a lock box in the back for my stuff.

To make sure nobody would cut the canvas I never locked the doors.

-Dan

Lucky j

Explorer
Mostly travel with the jeep in summer and w/o soft top or should I say, with soft top down as much as I can. Hard top in winter to preserve soft top.

North eastern north america here.

RacerAV

I am going to assume that most people prefer a hard top but was curious to see how many soft top explorers are out there. Also, why did you prefer the soft top on your vehicle?
no need to limit yourself! I love my hardtop and rhino rack but wont hesitate to pull it off (even easier now with the rack!) and go topless or throw on a bestop trektop (frameless, easier) if i know i'll want some sort of coverage for a bit...

ivers

Observer
Ive put on the Hard top for 3 years now, I like to be able to not care about the hardtop and climb on it.

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
Soft top year round in snow country. I had both tops, never had an issue with the soft top. We love the soft top for the quick and simple opening/closing. The hard top definitely has easier access to the rear cargo area though.

Attachments

• 498FDB1D-C234-47BD-8D91-8DF981271876.jpeg
    498FDB1D-C234-47BD-8D91-8DF981271876.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Vasq

Aerodynamically Challenged
Currently only have the factory hard top. Soft top off CL finally leaked too much. Kinda digging no doors with the hard top on, but missing the soft top other than that.

I’ve had a soft top in the past and now have a hard top. I loved being able to take the top down in a matter of minutes. Increased sound and weather protection as well as rear cargo access are what drove me to the hard top on round 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clweed

I am going to sell my hard top, after insatalling the offroad heros soft top it is actually quieter with the Soft windows

Attachments

• IMG_4216.JPG
    IMG_4216.JPG
    1,016.7 KB · Views: 45

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles