Wrangler top choice?

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Hard top in the winter and soft top in the summer. Hard top is definitely easier to access cargo area, but soft top is nice to take off in the summer.

sabjku

Observer
Man, this is a tough one. I've always had a soft top, and really enjoyed it. However, with my current JKU I started out with the soft top(always the Premium factory top), but once I got more into the overlanding lifestyle and invested in ARB drawers, ARB fridge, etc I started to like the idea of a hard top. It's actually MUCH easier accessing the fridge with the hardtop setup. I also knew I wanted to do an awning on my Jeep, so the hardtop was basically mandatory. I found a brand new hardtop on CL for a steal, so picked it up. I put it on about a year ago, and haven't went back to the soft top. I really do miss it though. I've been seriously considering ditching the hard top and awning set up, and removing my fridge except for when I know I'm leaving for the weekend. Currently I leave the fridge in full time, and it's awesome, so I will miss that too. Ok, enough rambling.

MOguy

Explorer
Soft top, part of a soft top or no top. The heater cranks in my TJ. Even morning around zero + or - I can stay warm enough. I carry a blanket for anybody in the back. I change from half doors with pull off windows to hard doors for winters.

ramatl73

Observer
Running hard top in East Coast FL. Honestly there is no real difference sound wise in the soft and hard tops. I prefer the hard top as the soft top in a saltwater environment can break down alot quicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94