Would you put a new timing belt in a Montero with 245k on the clock? See photos

I've spent plenty more than $500. Love the rig. It's super clean but perhaps a bit neglected last couple of years. Mitsubishi certified mechanic replaced head gasket, valves, stem seals, valve cover gaskets, plugs, etc.... Turns out the timing belt was done at 229 k. Ordered new bilsteins, tie rods, idlerArm and Siberian bushings. After that it’s got some oxidization on hood and roof that will be taken care of. I finally got ahold of the previous owner. Turns outThey ended up donating the vehicle because they didn’t have a place to store it anymore. Donated to a Veteran charity. That’s how I got it at auction.

Attachments

• 42F6A7AA-7F06-4ED7-80AE-86EDFFFDF431.jpeg
    42F6A7AA-7F06-4ED7-80AE-86EDFFFDF431.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 2FB70918-C49A-4F2F-BD46-395B2DA241BF.jpeg
    2FB70918-C49A-4F2F-BD46-395B2DA241BF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 34

PaydayGabe

Well done Jake ??.
I think you made a great investment in your Overland vehicle.
Well worth every penny. Good looker ?also. Start doing your own maintenance, DIY.
It's stuff you need to know. Cheers ?, G.

billiebob

I've spent plenty more than $500. Love the rig. It's super clean but perhaps a bit neglected last couple of years. Mitsubishi certified mechanic replaced head gasket, valves, stem seals, valve cover gaskets, plugs, etc.... Turns out the timing belt was done at 229 k. Ordered new bilsteins, tie rods, idlerArm and Siberian bushings. After that it’s got some oxidization on hood and roof that will be taken care of. I finally got ahold of the previous owner. Turns outThey ended up donating the vehicle because they didn’t have a place to store it anymore. Donated to a Veteran charity. That’s how I got it at auction.
they are cool, looks incredibly clean, fabulous to know the timing belt is new. looking forward to updates, hope you keep it close to stock which is the best balance of capabiliy, reliabilty, economy with older vehicles.

The plan is to keep her as stock as possible. With the help of the forum and some (well actually a lot) of advice and from a few of the more knowledgeable members the project is slowly creeping along. Something new pops up every day but I'm learning on the fly. I really appreciate the online community.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles