Would you bite? CL 1991 Pajero

charlatan

I am getting ready to sell my 2018 ZR2, and I came across this today. Looks super clean, but I am not a gear head and it would be a daily driver for me, for the time being anyway ( I don't commute to work). I'm going to drive it tomorrow, but I don't know what I don't know.. as they say. What would you ask the seller?

91 Pajero

plh

Explorer
If you are not a gear head, you should avoid it. Its a 30 year old diesel that wasn't sold normally in the USA. Parts are not easy to find: aka - Autozone etc isn't going to have much offering for engine parts. Dealers are giving great offers on new cars these days. The 2.5l with an auto in a full size Gen 2 isn't going to get you places fast either. That is probably the worst power plant / chassis combo. Pretty reliable for a 30 year old vehicle, but going to be a snail.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Blue interior is impossible to find, i'd hold out for a '94 model. They're better in every way plus they cost the same, that one is nice but you can get a way better machine for the same or less money. like PLH said, If you're not handy with a wrench or doing your own service i wouldn't recommend anything 10 years or older especially an import.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94