Would like to see AutoHome Roof Top Tent Columbus or Maggiolina in Portland

bentomas

I'm considering buying an AutoHome roof top tent and would really like to be able to see one in person before I order from Autohomeus.com. I live in the Portland, Oregon area. Is there anyone in this area with an Autohome tent that they'd be willing to let me check out (and hopefully lie down in to make sure I fit)? Thank you for any help you can give me!

DoKarider16

Observer
I am out by Hood River and have a Maggiolina tent currently. We had a Columbus for a while. The big difference I see is if you are going to spend some time camping in cold climates (below 40º). The Columbus gives you a higher max ceiling height, but it is on one end. It is faster to put up and fold down but only by a small margin. When it got really cold the Columbus would have condensation issues and in strong wind the fabric has a tendency to flap slightly more. The fabric on the Maggioina is more breathable and there is more insulation. We have not had any condensation issues in it at all. Since the Maggiolina cranks up into position the fabric sides are under more tension and therefore flap less. I did not dislike the Columbus but absolutely love the Maggiolina. I am 6'2" and my toes would touch the roof on the Columbus with the Maggiolina I don't have that issue.

We were able to find both tents used, but it takes patience and perseverance to find them on the used market. Defenders Northwest carries them and has some in stock usually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier