Worth it?

Eric_

For those with shells, is it worth getting the side window doors? It’s an additional $300 for the snugtop rebel. Or just get the sliding pet screen? I’m looking at about $2500 with the window doors + taxes.. I don’t want to cheap out but these things are so expensive I’d have to justify an additional $300..

Do you wish you had window doors?
For those that have them, do you use them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hummelator

Adventurer
I've got an aluminum contractor canopy with the side doors.
I originally bought it for work so not getting the doors wasn't even a consideration. Now that I don't use it for work anymore I'm glad I bought it with the doors. Especially when fully packed. If I need to get at something packed in the back it's not an ordeal. Even if not fully packed it's nice not having craw into the bed to grab something that slid to the front.
If you're spending $2200 already what's another $300? ( I know I know easy to say when it's not my money)

robert

Expedition Leader
I regret the hell out of not getting the sliding screened windoors. It cost a lot more to add them later if you should decide you want them. I also wish I'd gotten the mid-height like I'd planned on originally and also the drop down front slider window which would make cleaning between the cab and shell so much easier.

It's easy enough to add Yakima/Thule tracks yourself but it's probably best to go ahead and order anything else you might want.

Eric_

I've got an aluminum contractor canopy with the side doors.
I originally bought it for work so not getting the doors wasn't even a consideration. Now that I don't use it for work anymore I'm glad I bought it with the doors. Especially when fully packed. If I need to get at something packed in the back it's not an ordeal. Even if not fully packed it's nice not having craw into the bed to grab something that slid to the front.
If you're spending $2200 already what's another $300? ( I know I know easy to say when it's not my money)

I regret the hell out of not getting the sliding screened windoors. It cost a lot more to add them later if you should decide you want them. I also wish I'd gotten the mid-height like I'd planned on originally and also the drop down front slider window which would make cleaning between the cab and shell so much easier.

It's easy enough to add Yakima/Thule tracks yourself but it's probably best to go ahead and order anything else you might want.

Yeah you guys are right I’ll regret it later and if I’m already spending that much money might as well cough up an extra $300.. I just can’t believe how much these things can go for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s.e.charles

you're doing the right thing. about 95% of cappers have or regret not having, windoors. even if it's only for resale. look at it as an investment and maybe it won't sting as much.

robert

Expedition Leader
I priced them after I'd already gotten my shell and they're like $400/each. I'd get the windoor version that has the screened sliding windows if you have dogs or you think you may ever sleep in the back; also handy when you toss wet paddling gear back there- ARE calls them Outdoorsman Vented Windors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles