World Apprentice: Volunteer Overlander

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
For the past several weeks I've been "off the grid" in some more remote places of Guatemala, mostly volunteering at little organic farm near Lago Atitlán. I did spend a wonderful few weeks with the Denning family (of discovershareinspire.com) who are currently driving from Alaska to Argentina with five little ones. The experiences & photos keep rolling in, so I will have plenty of updates for my blog as I continue my slow drive south...

Attachments

• dennings.jpg
    dennings.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 52

gjackson

FRGS
Jeremy,

Awesome blog so far. Make sure you hit the market in Chichicastenango before you leave the Atitlan area unless you already have. Market is on Thursday and Sunday I believe. Great stuff.

cheers

Graham

I'm still staying in contact with several boats for you and Carter since it looks like that ferry might be a bust.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
Jeremy

how are you liking the 4WC so far? how does the Tacoma handle with it?

The FWC is absolutely wonderful, and really making this adventure very comfortable, while still keeping my "footprint" rather small & nimble. My little Taco definitely feels the weight of the camper, but I pretty much drive like a grandpa now to get the best fuel economy possible, and to minimize any stress on the suspension. But I don't mind that at all -- it allows me to further enjoy the scenic backroads of Latin America and still get decent mpg.

fwc.jpg

Jeremy,

Awesome blog so far. Make sure you hit the market in Chichicastenango before you leave the Atitlan area unless you already have. Market is on Thursday and Sunday I believe. Great stuff.

cheers

Graham

I didn't make it to Chichicastenango, but was able to see some other cool markets in Guatemala. The area around Atitlán was amazing, and especially the Fuentes Georginas hot springs near Xela.

Scott Brady

Founder
Glad you are having fun Jeremy!

We all miss you here in Prescott, but are glad you are having a great time on this incredible adventure. It also looks like you are doing some wonderful volunteering along the way - bravo!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
He updates a bit on facebook now and then....having a grand time in south america and back to central america now I think

Scott Brady

Founder
I had a nice chat with Jeremy a week ago. He is in Nicaragua and having an awesome time. He is safe and says hello to everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior