World Apprentice: Volunteer Overlander

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Abouts times.

From sitting around bull****ting drinking beers to actually doing it!

Say hello to the señoritas.

Que pase un buen dia, hermano.

762X39

Explorer
Thanks Phil! I'm sure I could round up some glowing third-party references on Carter if need be. Hopefully a sailboat will allow him aboard. I'd much prefer that over air travel. So far my preference of travel while my truck is being shipped around the Darien Gap is:
  • Sailboat
  • Kayak
  • Backpack through on foot
  • Buy a plane ticket
I may be old in the tooth but if it were possible (I haven't looked at the topos or researched it or anything like that), hiking through on foot would be adventurous!Stay safe.:coffee:

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
I may be old in the tooth but if it were possible (I haven't looked at the topos or researched it or anything like that), hiking through on foot would be adventurous!Stay safe.:coffee:
We had dinner recently with someone who backpacked around the Gap on foot in the 80's. He mostly stuck to the coast, and it sounded like a machete is a must...but where there's a will, there's a way.

Just wanted to keep you up-to-date, I'm still working on those boats for you. Recently received a few no's, but I'm still waiting on a few boats and other contacts to reply back to me.
:lurk:

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Happy to see that you're fully underway Amigo! I love the the Apprentice theme. My mentor from many moons ago, Ron Ribal, told me that the obligation of the receiver of new knowledge and skills is to pass it on. You have much to bring to those whom you meet along the way and a wealth to learn that will shape you for the rest of your life. I look forward to watching your story unfold. Buen Viaje!

Jeremy, Brenton, and Shannon. I might have several options for you guys, but let me know when you are about a month to 3 weeks away from Panama City. No one wants to say yes to your dogs this early in all of your trips. I can't guarantee we will find the right boat, but there is a chance.

Once we get a little closer I will help you guys work out the details and see what options there are.

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
Road hazards in Mexico!

This is my first stab at trying to put together a video in iMovie. And a good reminder why not to drive at night in developing countries! Very glad to have Baja Bound Mexican Insurance - but hope not to have to use it any time soon.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Funny the things you see on the roads in Mexico...
Yeah driving at night no bueno mi amigo.

Looking forward to some updates, pics and even videos if you have a chance. But more than anything looking forward to your thoughts and stories as you travel.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
great write up and shame the oystering didn't go better
amazing pics you are getting there my friend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles