Work Overlanding USA (Blue Ridge Parkway)

smlobx

Wanderer
Hi Milemaster.

Do you happen to work for Lexington Contracting? My wife worked with that company to dispose of some material on the BRP...

Mlemaster

Hi Milemaster.

Do you happen to work for Lexington Contracting? My wife worked with that company to dispose of some material on the BRP...
No I do not, I work for Johnson, Mirmirran, and Thompson. Lexington, if I recall did the last batch of demolitions about 4 years ago. NPS awarded this batch to another Contractor. I work for neither the actual Contractor or the NPS. I am the projects independent Construction Manager.

Mlemaster

Well it's been a while since finishing up this project. We ended up buying another house while working here in WNC and relocated from WV to the area just a few months ago. I went to work for a custom home builder here in Blowing Rock. I also just purchased a solid, low mileage 7.3idi truck and will be building it for overlanding and working in this beautiful mountain scenery. Stay tuned for build thread and adventures to come!!

Foy

Explorer
A belated "Welcome to Blowing Rock". We'll be there Friday to Sunday fetching up Christmas trees and taking the grandkids on the Tweetsie Christmas train, tubing at Hawksnest, visiting my ASU roommate and his family, and visiting a longtime former Raleigh friend who's recently moved to Ashe County. You found a great spot, but I suppose you already know that. Our place is over by Yonahlossee. Enjoy!

Foy

Mlemaster

A belated "Welcome to Blowing Rock". We'll be there Friday to Sunday fetching up Christmas trees and taking the grandkids on the Tweetsie Christmas train, tubing at Hawksnest, visiting my ASU roommate and his family, and visiting a longtime former Raleigh friend who's recently moved to Ashe County. You found a great spot, but I suppose you already know that. Our place is over by Yonahlossee. Enjoy!

Foy

Hey there, thank you for the warm welcome. Just great people, scenery, and so much to do! Enjoy your time up here, and have a Merry Christmas. If you know where "The Cascades" is off of the Parkway, North of Deep Gap, we aren't far from there. Thank you again.

Mike

Foy

Explorer
Hey there, thank you for the warm welcome. Just great people, scenery, and so much to do! Enjoy your time up here, and have a Merry Christmas. If you know where "The Cascades" is off of the Parkway, North of Deep Gap, we aren't far from there. Thank you again.

Mike
Been to the Cascades many times Mike. Great area. Our Ashe County friends are near Fleetwood.

Enjoy!

Foy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste