Woohoo Ecoboost and diesel Options for the new transit confirmed!!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
actually pretty good in the snow with appropriate tires.

Not compared to an AWD vehicle.

For snow and ice covered roads there simply is no substitute for an AWD rig. Acceleration, handling, and braking are all vastly improved with AWD.

As far as 2wd goes, Id rather have FWD that RWD, any day of the week on ice and snow covered roads. RWD has no business on them unless you have a considerable amount of weight on the drive. Do that and you have a rig that will stick a BIT better, but only adds to the weight you have to slow down when braking.

KelsoD

It says they're coming out with a 2.2L diesel. I'm not sure if that's the engine they will use in the states, but if that's the case, it's really not much to get excited about... And that's aside from the fact that the Transit vans are hideous.

John E Davies

Adventurer
I spoke to a Ford NW region sales rep while waiting in the Sea-Tac airport a couple of weeks ago. He told me that AWD was "definitely" coming, but not in the first year.

I wouldn't mind an EcoTec AWD, but I would prefer a stouter drive train with low range. I can't see that ever coming from Ford.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

r_w

Adventurer
I don't know, they have been talking more tranny gears with the lows lower finally so it is effectively a low range.

Wiley

Adventurer
It says they're coming out with a 2.2L diesel. I'm not sure if that's the engine they will use in the states, but if that's the case, it's really not much to get excited about... And that's aside from the fact that the Transit vans are hideous.

I believe thats 3.2L

I spoke to a Ford NW region sales rep while waiting in the Sea-Tac airport a couple of weeks ago. He told me that AWD was "definitely" coming, but not in the first year.

I wouldn't mind an EcoTec AWD, but I would prefer a stouter drive train with low range. I can't see that ever coming from Ford.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

I wouldnt hold your breath on AWD regardless to what is said, though I suppose its easy to say down the road, and wait to see what the demand is like. People have been talking about the sprinters AWD for years....the reality is it will probably never happen, I dont see why it would be different for ford when any other good option in other countries doesnt make it to the US.

I am looking forward to these, I hope they dont delay them anymore. I find the Astro to small for full time living, and since there is only really the Sprinter or this for new full size vans the options are slim. I am hesitant to buy a Ford, let alone a new in production (at least here is the states) ford.

Last edited:

Wiley

Adventurer
I take back every joke I have ever made about girl drivers, this chick works a european transit on a Top Gear episode :drool:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior