Wondering??

NMRubicon

Observer
Wondering how long it will take someone to tap in to the new battery system on the JL? That is one big battery unit opposite the fuel tank.

NMRubicon

Observer
Nope, there is a large battery unit on the drivers side, having smahed an evap canister, I assure you that is not what I am looking at. The second battery unit is for the ESS system which may be disabled if one so chooses. The battery unit has heating and cooling lines running to it as well, believe it is a 48V system.

NMRubicon

Observer
That is the one! I was a little concerned about it at first, but after having taken my newest Jeep through the brush and rocks, for my purposes it will not be an issue. I will however not be tackling any large clumps of mesquite, but I wouldn't do that to any offroad vehicle I've owned!

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I have been working myself up to buying a JL...but I haven't heard about any of this.

Cooling systems for a battery? ESS system? Now I'm wondering if I can deal with the electrical system on a JL.

gspfunk

This only applies to the Turbo 4, I believe. The V6 is still the V6, just with an 8 speed. Actually, the manual is only available w/ the V6. The Turbo 4 is a mild hybrid. It’s quick around town, but I worry about the electronics underneath for serious off-roaders.

Have over 20,000on my jl and have not had any problems. The tj was nice jk way better and the jl is way way better. You can drive it for 10 hours to a. TRail. Head and wheel it turn around and drive it back that would beat you up in a tj.
On another point that genesis dual battery set up is nice but the $ is ******?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles