With the right battery bank....

john61ct

Adventurer
Just use a genny or from mains.

With batteries even a huge very heavy bank will only buy you a bit of time shifting.

Will this run my 15A AC, or the 1750W Dometic rooftop AC??View attachment 480776
Unfortunately, not even close. At 1750 W, the Dometic (or your 15 amp AC) is pulling approx. 15 amps CONTINUOUS and 20+ amps SURGE (during every compressor start). Your inverter is only good for MAX of 8 amps CONTINUOUS and approx. 11.5 amps SURGE.

I run a 3000 CONTINUOUS (max. of 25 amps) / 3500 SURGE (max. of 30 amps) Inverter Generator and it still works pretty hard during compressor startup (in eco mode).

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, not even close. At 1750 W, the Dometic (or your 15 amp AC) is pulling approx. 15 amps CONTINUOUS and 20+ amps SURGE (during every compressor start). Your inverter is only good for MAX of 8 amps CONTINUOUS and approx. 11.5 amps SURGE.

I run a 3000 CONTINUOUS (max. of 25 amps) / 3500 SURGE (max. of 30 amps) Inverter Generator and it still works pretty hard during compressor startup (in eco mode).

Look at his picture again. It is 3 times the size of your generator. To answer his question, yes but he would need a very large battery bank. Probably one as big as pickup truck to run it any length of time. That inverter could power the average house.

Look at his picture again. It is 3 times the size of your generator. To answer his question, yes but he would need a very large battery bank. Probably one as big as pickup truck to run it any length of time. That inverter could power the average house.
Oops! I looked again. I dropped a zero in that translation... lol! And yes, that would be some big battery bank...

355spider

Yes. Two Tesla batteries will run it for over 24 hours. I'm putting 4 in my RV. If it puts out a true 9600 continuous watts then it will run 3 ACs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz